Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Stockpiled Supply Indicators

Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:24 pm

This has been asked before, but I'm embarassed to admit that I don't remember the answer.

I've been tinkering with Civil War II this week, and I really like having the amount of supply available in a province show up in those two boxes in the lower left-hand corner when you pass your mouse over a region.

In TYW they seem to be permanently set to zero.

Is there any chance that this feature will be activated in the future patch?

(And I'm not asking for an ETA on that patch because I know that the answer has to be when it's ready and then some).

Leibst

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:18 pm

No, it is working as was designed. But that markers wasnt removed, it could be activated modding the game.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:18 pm

No, it is working as was designed. But that markers wasnt removed, it could be activated modding the game.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Since that is the way the game was designed, I would rather not activate it.

What I'm more likely to want to do is to come up with some architectural finials to change the appearence of those two sections and find a way to get rid of the zero's. My first reaction would be a pair of inward facting scrolls, but I'd need to spend some time looking at old map prints to make sure that is what they used for things like that in the seventeenth century.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:46 pm

I wonder if there is any way to disable the numbers.

The image was easy enough to replace, but those two white zero's are a bit distracting.

(The image I've used here is a detail of Caravaggio's Judith and Holophernes. I'm also trying out Rubens' Antwerp altarpiece and an old map).

Leibst

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:50 am

Its simple, replace the original file for this one attached (you have to decompress it).
Put it in the FrontEnd folder.[ATTACH]39725[/ATTACH]

Nice picture btw.
Attachments
GUIBottomLeft.rar
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
HQ website

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Many thanks for that file. It did exactly what was needed.

Here is a screenshot using Rubens instead of Caravaggio.

Baroque sensibilities were not as focused on symmetry as we are, so I used two different images. I'm not happy with the orange garment in the descent from the cross, so I'll either mod Rubens or find something else.

But seeing the mod in place I've realized that it's more important for it to fit in with the rest of the artwork (which isn't 17th century though it has a very nice antique feel about it), so I'm going to keep playing around with it.

I was worried that one of the gaps in my Photoshop education might cause a problem -- I've never taken the time to figure out how to make a semi-transparent alpha channel (as opposed to a transparent one) which helps smooth out curved lines -- but it's not really detectable in this case.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:09 pm

When all else fails, always fall back on naked women.

I hope I don't get Ageod in trouble because these women are positively anorexic, at least by Rubens' standards.

If I wanted to get really period authentic about this I would have to use putti. But I can't stand fat little angels.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Much as I like naked ladies, I think the way to go is to fall back on Dutch landscape painting.

I think this is more appropriate as a frame for the central terrain image.

It saddens me, because if I had stuck with the Judith and Holophernes theme I would have gotten to use Artemisia Gentileschi's painting from the Met.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Re: Stockpiled Supply Indicators

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:54 pm

I've been playing around with the stockpiled supply images, but have realized that the tooltip needs to be disabled to get the full effect.

I must admit not having looked at this in a while. Did you explain how to supress the tooltip as well as the number?

Leibst

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Disable it is not possible as i suposse it is in the code of the program. But you can change the text.
Just go to LocalStrigns_AGE.csv change the text and save.
But first, I recommend you to do a copy of this file as it is a very delicate file that only Ageod peopel change (Pocus).
You can find the file on the Settings folder

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:02 am

This is a screenshot taken with the mouse pointer sitting on top of one of the disabled supply indicators.

The mouse pointer itself is invisible in the screenshot, but the suppressed text (actually deleted) shows up as a small black square when the mouse is resting directly on the supply indicator.

This is a considerable improvement over what was there before, but is it possible to make the small black square vanish, or is this the best that it's going to get?

Here's another example:

Leibst

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:33 pm

i have learnt recently how to do that, at least I think this is the right way of doing that:
remove the hint line in the GUIbottomLeft.dfm file (this file is in the Frontend folder).
Open the file and remove the lines ' Hint = '$strGUIMmp_Supply''
and Hint = '$strGUIMmp_Ammo'
hope it works.
I can add all this in the next patch.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:48 pm

It works.

What I don't know and haven't tested (and probably don't need to) is whether it's still neccessary to change the Local Strings_AGE file when you've made the adjustments to the GUIbottomLeft file (which I made in Wordpad rather than Notepad, by the way -- was that right?).

I suspect the next iteration of my mod will be ready before the next patch, so I'll include it in the mod for now.

My current thinking is to go with the van Ruisdael landscapes, but I'll revisit naked ladies just in case.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:58 pm

I took a stab at testing the GUIbottomLeft file without changing the Local Strings_AGE file, and can confirm that you need to make alterations to both for the text and the black box to vanish.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Now that the stockpiled ammunition and supply indicators have finally been deprived of their tooltips, I've added the alternate graphics to my Ein Feste Burg mod.

You can find it by going to this thread on the Ageod forum:

viewtopic.php?f=380&t=43699&p=391003#p391003

For those who are so inclined, I've left the earlier versions of the mod in the Graphics/Front end folder, so if you prefer Caravaggio or Rubens to van Ruisdael, all you have to do is change a few file names.

My thanks to Leibstandarte, without whose help this mod wouldn't have been possible.

Return to “Thirty Years War”