Tamas

Official 1.01 Update is Out (was formerly 1.02RC open beta)

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Hello,

To bring the AGEOD build up to the version of the recent Steam release, here is the official 1.01 update.

A lot of improvements and bug fixes have been added, enhancing the game's experience significantly!

Among all the changes, now the cost for Protestant Artillery have been reduced, the AI behaviour during winter months is improved (now she can look for a city to pass the winter months if she has supply problems) and now during sieges you have to be careful about the "desease event"!

Check the entire changelog below

You can download the patch frome here

v1.01

RGD
Added two new RGD: Plunder and Improve fortif.
RGD Raid now needs <50% loyalty.
Fixed RGD for Bethlen Gabor Advanced negotiations. Now if successful it is removed from game the RGD.

Events
Changed events concerning LIGA Forcepool in 1620.
Added event of diseases during Sieges for both sides.
Better tunned the Mantua war event.
New Mantua war event for the Great Campaign scenario.

Options
Added Hire Colonel Option to The Danish Phase Scenario.

Gameplay
Added autogarrisons for the Protestants in Bohemia, Lusatia, Moravia and Silesia.
Revised income from Regions and Countries for both sides.
Revised foreign help for Catholics in TYW and Swedish Intervention.
Reduced the cost for Protestant Artillery.
Buy Arms option now can be played twice per year.
Revised productions of sites, more balanced for first years.
Some changes in Protestant Forcepool until 1622.
Now we can see a bit more losses on battle.
Supplies: some small changes here to make life a bit easier.

Issues
Some Kyphausen regiments are now unfixed in the Danish deployment during the Great Campaign.
Fixed Danish surrender, there were an issue with some regions to became blocked.
Fixed an issue on event for Koeln High Diplomacy
Fixed Issue in Yearly decissions event, now Protestant receive RGD for influencing Sweden and make possible its intervention if loyalty is low.
Fixed an issue with the removal of Wallenstein.
F9 screen with the strategic map issue fixed.
Fixed issue with Hamburg and Luneburg garrisons in Danish setup.
Gregory XV options fixed.
Fixed an issue regarding a missing graphic for the battle planner.
Fixed an issue for Munster Diplomacy.

AI
Improved AI for Protestants after Bohemian Crushed Rebellion Event.
Improved Protestant AI for Brunswick and G.Frederick setup.
Improved AI behaviour during winter months. Now she can look for a city to pass the winter months if she has supply problems.

Graphics
Fixed HRE flag for Polish cossacks
Fixed flag for croats in F1.
Fixed issue with HRE garrisons.

Others
Lunebeck is now called Luneburg

Sounds
New end of turn sound.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Ran the patch and TYW will no longer run. During loading an Access Violation crashes the game before reaching the Main Menu. Screenshot below.

-C

[ATTACH]39134[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is a AGEOD/Matrix download and NOT a Steam installation, if that makes a difference.
Attachments
V101 Access Violation Error.jpg

richfed

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:34 pm

I encountered the same. Updated from in-program. I wonder if maybe it has to do with having the RC already installed?
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

BuckTurgidson
Private

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:08 pm

I am ok after installing the update, and i did not have the Release Candidate.

jack54
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm ok so far. Matrix game with manual install of matrix 1.01 patch over 1.02 RC. I didn't use the in game update.

I'd try downloading the patch again...May be a corrupt download.

Good luck!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ripster8
Colonel

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:41 am

Well I do appreciate the new patch but after installing it I have had five CTD's in 25 turns playing the grand campaign as the HRE. Twice after a battle is over and before the results screen is displayed, twice when attempting to manipulate the strategic atlas, and once during turn resolution due to a graphics error (I think). Last turn of my game is attached. I installed the 1.01 patch over the 1.02RC patch. Best regards!

[ATTACH]
Attachments
TYW_ThirtyYearsWar.7z
(80.92 KiB) Downloaded 389 times

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:35 am

I uninstalled the v1.01 patched TYW completely and reinstalled v1.00. Applied a second downloaded version of the v1.01 final and got the same access violation error when attempting to start the game. Uninstalled this and again installed the game, patched it to 1.02RC and it runs as designed. Not sure what's going on. Is there any difference between 1.02RC and the final 1.01 update? Thanks in advance.

-C

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:15 am

I had the game patched to 1.02RC and just installed 1.01 over top of it and the game starts just fine with no issues. One thing is that I'm logged in as an administrator on Windows 7 so that may make a difference. Maybe install the patch using "Run this program as an administrator" compatibility and see if that resolves it.

Or even try running the patch 1.01 game as an administrator.

richfed

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 pm

jack54 wrote:I'm ok so far. Matrix game with manual install of matrix 1.01 patch over 1.02 RC. I didn't use the in game update.

I'd try downloading the patch again...May be a corrupt download.

Good luck!

Tried changing the tyw.exe file to Run as Administrator -- still crashed. BUT, then I downloaded the direct file from the link above, installed that right over what I had on my PC, game opened normally. So, I might venture a guess that the issue is related, possibly, to the in-game updater. All good now, though!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Leibst

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:40 pm

I have installed the 1.00 (release version), after that the patch 1.01.
run as admin (i always run the game as admin) and played a few turns of the main campaign with no issues.

Avoid loading all games.
Avoid installing over 1.02Rc and the patch should work fine.

hope this helps dear friends ;)
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Random
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:35 pm

Third time's a charm. Downloaded the update again and installed over a fresh, unpatched TYW installation again. All now working as planned so looks to have been a possible corrupt download. Thanks to all concerned.

-C

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Even though I had no issues with installing 1.01 over 1.02RC, I too did a fresh install of the game to 1.00 and just installed 1.01 again. No issues.

Return to “Thirty Years War”