Leibst

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:53 pm

I have installed from DVD in anothe computer W7, and after that downloaded the patch and installed and the game is in 1.02RC version and running well, units ok, replacements ok, Swedish Intervention ok.
I have installed in ProgramasFile(x86)\Matrix Games\Thirty Years War And the patch has to be installed overwritting, this is, in the exactly same folder.
I have tested running as admin and also normally.

So i'm sure that you are doing something wrong.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Ok, I'm going to uninstall the game completely and poke around in my documents in case I've missed something. That should leave me at tabula rasa. Then I'm going to install the 1.00 setup file, and then I'm going to install the RC patch.

And just in case, I'll make a copy and patch that with the first patch and then the RC patch.

Are there any not obvious places I should look to make sure I've completely eradicated any trace of TYW from my computer before I start this?

And by the way, I am not working from a DVD. My initial file was a download.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:09 pm

I'm afraid I have a new problem which is going to stop looking into this one in its tracks.

Before uninstalling anything I checked to make sure I had a record of the serial number.

I haven't been able to put my finger on it, so until I locate the email from whoever I bought the game from, looking into this is going to have to be put on hold.

This is just a wild guess, but I wonder if the RC didn't do something to erase the serial number setting, because when I looked for my serial number in the configuration file (or whatever it's called), the serial number field was blank.

I probably bought the game around the time of release either from Slitherine, Matrix, or Ageod. Nothing is showing up in my Matrix and Slitherine serial number lists, which is odd if I bought it from them.

Knowing approximately when the game was released would be a great help, because it would narrow down the number of emails I would need to take a look at.

[Disregard part of that message. I found the serial number].

Leibst

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:13 pm

September 2015. Other way is to get in contact with Matrix/Ageod tomorrow.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:35 pm

As mentioned in brackets at the end of my last post, I did manage to find the serial number.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and made several copies.

In version 1.00I can run the intervention scenario.

With a manual application of the RC patch I can't.

I'll try an automatic install and see what happens.

Either way the updater doesn't seem to be working, but when I try to play Swedish Intervention I get a critical error.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:36 pm

[Double post].

Highlandcharge

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 pm

I can build build HRE replacements in my newly started game, when you get your serial sorted Philppe totally delete your game folder before reinstalling...

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:46 pm

I have to go out so I'll have to test this later, but I was able to start the Swedish Intervention scenario under the RC patch.

The problem had to do with the automatic installation. Doing it manually didn't work, but when I finally got the thing pointed at the right spot everything fell into place.

The automatic installation path was what was causing my problem.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 pm

I have to go out so I'll have to test this later, but I was able to start the Swedish Intervention scenario under the RC patch.

The problem had to do with the automatic installation. Doing it manually didn't work, but when I finally got the thing pointed at the right spot everything fell into place.

The automatic installation path was what was causing my problem.

Leibst

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:25 pm

good to read that Philippe.
The problem is that is not so automatic, as you say. It should be once the patch became official, as it will be updated through the Matrix TYW portal.
HQ website

Highlandcharge

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Just a small bug Liebstandarte, the light Croatian cavalry raiders have the wrong unit pic on the map, they show as a supply wagon...

Cheers

Nico165
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Ok, I got it to work too. Running as admin does the trick. Both swedish intervention and no infantry chit are ok like this.

So my current situation is :

- running the exe as admin, everything ok
- running the exe normally, both bugs are there

I should mention that I never had this behaviour with another game, patch or beta with an agoed game.

Leibst

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:12 pm

A player in the Matrix site has detected an issue with the Mantua war event.
In order to fix it in a fast way just add this file decompressing it manually into the events folder.
It is fixed for a new version. The issues that can appear these next days will be included in a new patch version (fixed of course), i promise to release a patch fixing them soon.
[ATTACH]37955[/ATTACH]
Attachments
HRE_TheThirtyYearsWar_Events.rar
(5.45 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
HQ website

jack54
Brigadier General

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Thank you... :)
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:59 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Just a small bug Liebstandarte, the light Croatian cavalry raiders have the wrong unit pic on the map, they show as a supply wagon...

Cheers

Could you be a little more specific about where that happens?

At first glance everything inside the units folder looks fine, so what you seem to be saying is that the wrong unit image is getting invoked in a certain situation. If I knew what that situation was I could see if that happens to me as well.

And screenshots are always helpful.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:I can build build HRE replacements in my newly started game, when you get your serial sorted Philppe totally delete your game folder before reinstalling...

I don't just delete the game folder. I also remove all of the registry entries.

Ripster8
Colonel

Saved Game for Leibstandarte

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:38 am

To the diligent Senor Leibstandarte: This is the saved game we were discussing on the Matrix forums, i.e., where the 'Troops to Mantua' event took all three of my field armies and teleported them to Pavia, leaving the Empire defenseless and me very angry! I hope the HST file is what you are looking for, but please let me know if it is not. The turn is June 1628 and I am playing the GC as the Imperialists. The AI Protestants were actually giving me a pretty good fight this time so I hope you can find the solution to the problem!
Attachments
Mantua Problem.7z
(106.28 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

Ech Heftag
Sergeant

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Thank you for the patch, Miguel!

Leibst

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi Ripster8,

Do you have the previous turn? before the event is fired.
During my test only a few troops were sent to Mantua, in your game is a huge amount of troops.
HQ website

Ripster8
Colonel

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Leibstandarte: here are the HST files from the three back-up turns as saved by the game (turns 123, 124 and 125). Thank you for your assistance. I will be away from the computer until Sunday night, just in case you need anything else.
Attachments
Previous3Turns.7z
(357.54 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Leibst

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Try with this hot fix. I have tested twice with your game. And only one stack is moved to Mantua.[ATTACH]37980[/ATTACH]
Do as before, unrar it on the events folder. Load the turn before the Troosp to Mantua event is fired and play normally.

It is not possible to make what i would prefer, select a random number of regiments and only move them.
Maybe could be analized another solution, like losing money and war supplies and some health in a number of regiments.
Attachments
HRE_TheThirtyYearsWar_Events.rar
(5.47 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
HQ website

Ripster8
Colonel

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:16 am

Leibstandarte: loaded the hotfix and ran a few turns. The 'Troops to Mantua' event fired in May 1628 and sent only one regiment to Pavia. As the Imperialists I'm not complaining but I don't think that is what you intended. Played through to the 'Troops to Poland' event in 1630 (I think) and this one sent two of my three field armies to Gdansk (Wallenstein and Bucqoy). They were only gone 4-5 months, so it wasn't a game-ender, but they did suffer significant attrition on the way back to Prague.

The AI Protestants have been putting up a good fight overall. It is now January 1633 and I have finally managed to conquer the Palatinate (Upper and Lower) and have what is left of Christian IV's army cornered in Freiburg. But the Protestants have all of northern Germany down to and including Kassel under their control. We'll see what happens when Sweden and France enter the war.

Thank you for your continuing assistance with TYW.

54thline
Civilian

Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:35 am

Hi guys been with ya forever, spent a small fortune now i gotta tell ya i cannot play TYW because the intermediate patches just will not go active on my game and ive tried it all,any help or a date on an official patch would be great.The game itself looks awesome now lets play it ok.

Leibst

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:11 am

Hi 54thline, welcome to the forums!
Follow this steps please.
First of all remove your current installation completely.
Second, install the game normally.
Third install only the last patch RC in exactly the same path, overwritting the TYW folder.
Last:
Run the game as admin.

This is what i do and works fine.
HQ website

54thline
Civilian

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:33 am

Thanks for the reply,running as admin is one thing i havent tried.
54th

sunseekers
Private

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:30 am

When is the patch going to officially be made ready?
I have tried a few times recently to ask the programme to check for an update, and each time it tells me it is running the most advanced version (when I start it up it tells me that it is running 1.00, which concerns me as what has happened to 1.01 if we are now talking about 1.02?)

Leibst

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:36 pm

There is no date. But it seem you have not installed the last patch RC
HQ website

sunseekers
Private

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:27 pm

I keep on asking the main Game-menu to check for updates, but it keeps on coming back and telling me that my current version (1.00) is the most up to date that there is...

Durk

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:50 am

You can download the patch from the first post of this thread and install it yourself.
Just make sure the install path matches your games install location.

54thline
Civilian

Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 am

finaly , about to play --to the pikes men.Thanks guys

Return to “Thirty Years War”