elxaime
General

TYW 2 under WON engine?

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:59 pm

Assuming AGEOD gets the kinks out of it, it seems to me that the WON engine, with all its diplomatic and economic features and flexibility, is a potentially great fit for a remake of TYW. It would also allow for an expanded map (although it would be a cut-down version of just the main central europe and surrounding areas).

I am wondering what the thinking is? This seems like a good route eventually, even though patching the original TYW may be OK in the short run.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:42 pm

elxaime wrote:Assuming AGEOD gets the kinks out of it, it seems to me that the WON engine, with all its diplomatic and economic features and flexibility, is a potentially great fit for a remake of TYW. It would also allow for an expanded map (although it would be a cut-down version of just the main central europe and surrounding areas).

I am wondering what the thinking is? This seems like a good route eventually, even though patching the original TYW may be OK in the short run.

The WON engine is the same engine as all other games, with some features extra which doesn't mean it can deal with it better. if there is a TYW2 it will be with a whole new engine.

Altaris

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Personally I'd love to see the 7 Year's War done under the WON map...

elxaime
General

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:37 am

veji1 wrote:The WON engine is the same engine as all other games, with some features extra which doesn't mean it can deal with it better. if there is a TYW2 it will be with a whole new engine.

Well, if the rumors are true about the new Slitherine engine being developed, I hope TYW 2 is one of the first projects teed up. This is a fascinating period, and I also think it lends itself to more players, say 4-6.

marek1978
Colonel

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:52 am

elxaime wrote:Well, if the rumors are true about the new Slitherine engine being developed, I hope TYW 2 is one of the first projects teed up. This is a fascinating period, and I also think it lends itself to more players, say 4-6.

hmmm

what do you mean by that? what rumors? what engine? where can i read more about that?

BuckTurgidson
Private

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:10 pm

elxaime wrote:Well, if the rumors are true about the new Slitherine engine being developed, I hope TYW 2 is one of the first projects teed up. This is a fascinating period, and I also think it lends itself to more players, say 4-6.

I entirely agree.

elxaime
General

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:49 pm

marek1978 wrote:hmmm

what do you mean by that? what rumors? what engine? where can i read more about that?

Pocus said somewhere that a new engine is being developed with Slitherine that will be the basis of future games. I wasn't able to find the post, maybe others recall.

Bruit Bleu

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:40 pm

marek1978 wrote:what do you mean by that? what rumors? what engine? where can i read more about that?

There is a recent interview on wargamer.com :

James: Rumor has it that you plan to replace the AGE engine. Is this true? If so, what will the replacement be?

AGEOD: More than a rumor, as it was announced in the Home of Wargamers 2015, which is the Slitherine Convention! Indeed, there is a new engine in the making that we are developing in-house with several Slitherine developers located in Canada. It will be a turn based (WEGO) engine that strives to be the best of both worlds, between having modern graphics while keeping the innovative gameplay of Ageod.
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Kensai

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:55 pm

But will it be fast? What we came to love in AGEOD games is how detailed the stats can be, but this comes to the speed's expense. I personally treasure complexity and speed much more than graphics, at least for this kind of games. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Leibst

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:51 am

Im not an expert but i suposse that XXIth century programming tools are (with the exception of Cobol :cool :) suposse to make faster code than the ones of XXth century. Pocus has been working with delphi, and doing a great work imo.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”