Durk

So challenging and informative to play

Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:47 am

Some time about two or more years ago a survey asked what game players would love to see. I said the Thirty Years War. This is a time not covered well by other games, and not covered at all when the survey was posted. I have been playing this game since its release and love it. The smaller scenarios are such a nice introduction to the grand campaign, which I am still struggling to master. This was a brutal war in so many ways. Typically I play with historical attrition even though this is so hard on the troops. It is the reality of the time and why my relatives ended up on the western side of the Atlantic.
Still leaning, but so much enjoying.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Agreed. This game is like no other. It is brutal and it does force you to make tough choices. But that's what I love about it.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:36 pm

agree, this has the elegance of WiA but with an even less permissive supply situation. Merely surviving can be a challenge, never mind attacking the enemy, especially as you have to play the requisition (etc) cards to survive but they in turn make it harder to draw in regular resources.
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Return to “Thirty Years War”