jack54
Brigadier General

Is using Regional Decisions for supply and money a proper strategy?

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:01 am

Hi Again,

I am curious.... I'm playing the Bohemian Revolt scenario as HRE; about half way through and I've run out of Money and War supplies. The only thing left to do is use some regional decisions. I know this will cost me some loyalty but I'm reluctant to use them because they will also pillage the area. Is this sometimes necessary?

BTW I find this game very intriguing. Still just scratching the surface. :)
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 am

Just my $0.02 CAD but I suspect that you're over-reaching and attempting to do too much every turn. So far I have found that there is a surplus of EP's, the other consumables; money and war supplies need to be managed quite closely. You will never have enough to do what you think needs to be done and so you need to prioritize and plan. It's easy to empty the treasury and the armouries buying replacement chits and building units but if the money runs out your army quickly become ineffective. Based upon my read of the TYW, this is probably reasonable as the lack of cash affected all of the rulers while the mercenary troops voted with their feet or turned to brigandage if the payroll failed to arrive.

So using the appropriate RGD and taking the necessary loyalty hit's and pillaging penalties should be part of your sustainability plan.

Reduce your expectations for each turn, plan carefully and retain some cash every turn to ensure that maintenance is paid every turn. The ability to build up to your theoretical maximum number of units or retain your forces near 100% strength is probably less pronounced than in any of the other AGEOD-engine games that I am familiar with and that too seems right for the Thirty-Year's War.

-C

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks Random,

Yes I've been spending too much. I have the EP's but spent almost everything else on replacement chits. I was treating it the same as some other Ageod games and trying to max out the units. I'm glad to see this is different and presents it's own set of difficulties. I plan to read some more on the conflict to get a better understanding... :)
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Thirty Years War”