dpt24
Sergeant

Too many supply problems

Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:41 pm

The supply issues in this game are a problem. I understand the Thirty Years War was brutal and that there was thus a lot of looting, attrition, and supply issues. But the lack of supply in this game is a problem. Even if it is "realistic" it prevents the game from being as fun for the player. That might be fine, if the AI could handle it, but instead the AI ends up with all their armies starving to death and as a player, there's a lot less to do because of it, especially in the "Grand Campaign." The Swedish Intervention scenario is better in that regard. I think for the good of a decent single player experience, supply levels should be closer to AJE than BoA2.

Leibst

Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm implementing a bit change in this area. But the behaviour of the AI is beyond what i can do. Pocus Terrain.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

dpt24
Sergeant

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:41 am

I understand it is beyond your control... which is why I think the supply levels should be closer to AJE where typically the AI armies do not starve to death. I like the game a lot, but I've been shocked with how often AI armies waste away from lack of supplies especially on the Rhine and in Bohemia. AI Bohemia likes to put its army behind the front-line of Austria and then starve in the mountains and that's a bit odd. Still... really glad this game was made, I've enjoyed it and Espana.

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:02 am

There are leader abilities which lessen supply requirements. Is it possible to make this ability available to the AI side as a whole, thereby relieving their supply difficulties?

Leibst

Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:48 am

No, its not so simple. i will try to solve if this is possible, this issue, maybe Pocus could help.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Durk

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:16 am

Just a quick note from someone who usually plays pbem, supply constraints work very well. So hopefully this nice historical limit is also maintained.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:26 pm

I think in case of Prague surrender supply should be adequate for Protestants in Baden, Heidelberg and Mannheim; or in one of those regions to continue PBEM game if some of them captured until more regions open.

dinsdale
Sergeant

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:27 am

Durk wrote:Just a quick note from someone who usually plays pbem, supply constraints work very well. So hopefully this nice historical limit is also maintained.

I think the AI struggles, would be good to have a solution which doesn't make it easier on the player.

Leibst

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:20 am

its on the way.... just testing it and seems a significant improve. :thumbsup:
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”