Homer
Conscript

foreign powers

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:24 am

hi i have played as protestants and had neasrly everywhere 100 % loyalität but only saxony and france and denmark helped me the others didn't even support me with money is that a bug ?

Durk

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:18 am

This is not a bug. This game is very complex and, perhaps, relies upon players knowing the very complex diplomacy of the time.
Brandenburg, for example, depended upon a Protestant success for its people, but hung back and did not engage early on.
It is a great game of history, but a challenging game for players. To make your best plays, find out who actually favored the Protestant side.

elxaime
General

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 pm

In my opinion, the game desperately needs a diplomacy guide. Trying to read the tea leaves from history is only somewhat useful. I also think the system could use some more work to make it more dynamic. Right now, the unfolding of the war seems overly constrained, as if the goal is to mimic the timeline rather than reflect actual political and military considerations that drove decision-making.

It is a wonderful game. I just hope it gets continued attention and doesn't languish.

Homer
Conscript

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:33 pm

well i conquered vienna and linz and the catholics had only bavaria and they stayed neutral xd only saxony wanted to help me in the struggle like they did in history but it is possible that the all factionts in the diplomatic boxes help a side is that correct ?

Leibst

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:49 pm

No, only will help one side or stop helping if their loyalty is low.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:51 pm

I will try to give some light on the diplomatic feature, need some time to work on it.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”