steelwarrior77
Colonel

GC Protestants questions

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:58 am

In My PBEM my Bethlen - Gabor Detachment just completly disappeared without any comment in January 1621 - including the leader - what happened - is it a bug?
One time also the Emperor influenced him and he did not attack a group in his province...

Leibst

Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Probably you missed a line in the log telling he has been removed. I assume the Catholic player used his RGD Bethlen Negotiations.
Check it or give me a saved game to take a look please.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:56 pm

There was no message in my log - it said he joined my other force -at day 9 - that was all - total disappearnce - I have to ask my PBEM partner for the save ;-D

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Do cities without walls not muster an auto-garrison? There is noe rebuild walls - what about adding it? Do supply carts that are used to build depots not return to the force pool?

elxaime
General

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:25 pm

steelwarrior77 wrote:Do cities without walls not muster an auto-garrison? There is noe rebuild walls - what about adding it? Do supply carts that are used to build depots not return to the force pool?

I agree a wall rebuilding RGD would be nice - they have that in Alea Jacta Est, and if the ancient Romans could do it...

I have seen cities without walls muster garrisons. I believe supply carts do reappear in the force pool (assuming a city exists where they could be rebuilt).

Leibst

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm currently working on that, yes, that RGD will be on next patch.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:40 am

In the GC my opponent seems to be able as the Imperials to play requesitions quite a lot - while I could not play them nor contributions until Baden joined the Protestants - that caused quite some shortage in cash on my part - is that wanted for balance or rather a bug? It seems I do not get my supply carts back in the force pool after buildinmg depots - this may end the PBEM soon cause I will not be able to do anything offensivly anymore - no supply carts left...

elxaime
General

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:14 am

steelwarrior77 wrote:In the GC my opponent seems to be able as the Imperials to play requesitions quite a lot - while I could not play them nor contributions until Baden joined the Protestants - that caused quite some shortage in cash on my part - is that wanted for balance or rather a bug? It seems I do not get my supply carts back in the force pool after buildinmg depots - this may end the PBEM soon cause I will not be able to do anything offensivly anymore - no supply carts left...

I may be wrong, but I believe what is happening with supply carts also has to do with the creation of some of them being tied to the Protestants holding particular cities. As the early game Protestants start inevitably losing major cities (in PBEM I am talking, not against AI) they discover that they cannot rebuild some of the supply carts since their cities of origin are now Imperial-controlled. Not sure, but I think that is what may be happening, in which case the solution is to allow supply carts to be build in any appropriate Protestant city.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:08 am

Actually lost no city at all in my PBEM ;-D Still I build two depots and no supply cart appeard in the force pool - again, without enough supply carts I will be soon forced to just sit in my depots...

elxaime
General

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:25 pm

steelwarrior77 wrote:Actually lost no city at all in my PBEM ;-D Still I build two depots and no supply cart appeard in the force pool - again, without enough supply carts I will be soon forced to just sit in my depots...

Then you are right, there is a problem. My understanding is that when a supply unit is lost or used, it is supposed to reappear available to be rebuilt.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:36 pm

For three depots that I build I gained 1 supply cart back ;-D And the message about the Hungarians leaving the war came 4 or more tuns later now on the message log ;-D

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:45 pm

steelwarrior77 wrote:For three depots that I build I gained 1 supply cart back ;-D And the message about the Hungarians leaving the war came 4 or more tuns later now on the message log ;-D

Were any of the supply carts that you used for the depot building captured units ie. originally Catholic?

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:47 am

Nope - all mine ;-D Some spawned with armies though - but every loss hurts, if I build depots - there are so few anyways - as I am kinda winning my forces are many and need to be fed...

Konrad von Richtmark
Private

Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:21 pm

The thing with Protestant supply carts is that they indeed appear through events that give you new armies. You get the carts, but you don't get any corresponding increase of carts into your force pool. Thus, if you keep on getting carts by event and don't lose any, your actual number of carts in the field will way exceed the number in the force pool, and every cart you lose (either by destruction, capture or depot building) will be gone forever, and you will only be able to start rebuilding them after having lost enough to go below your force pool limit.

So not a bug per se, just a game design oversight.

elxaime
General

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Konrad von Richtmark wrote:The thing with Protestant supply carts is that they indeed appear through events that give you new armies. You get the carts, but you don't get any corresponding increase of carts into your force pool. Thus, if you keep on getting carts by event and don't lose any, your actual number of carts in the field will way exceed the number in the force pool, and every cart you lose (either by destruction, capture or depot building) will be gone forever, and you will only be able to start rebuilding them after having lost enough to go below your force pool limit.

So not a bug per se, just a game design oversight.

Good stuff. It would be great if there was a player guide that explained things like this...it would really help. BTW - is there a Wiki for TYW? That might be a place to start explaining these things.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Yep - should still be fixed - cause without enough supply no sieges possible at all..

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:34 pm

Somehow it looks that in the GC Brandenburg got unlocked - but I cannot move into it - what am I supposed to do?

Durk

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:19 am

If I remember correctly, Brandenburg does unlock before the territory becomes passable. I think this represents the Elector's sympathy for the Protestant side, but reluctance to get involved until there are more states who rally to the Protestant side.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:21 am

Thanks ;-D

Durk

Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:26 am

Once Gustavus Adolphus arrives, Brandenburg opens her door. Not yet as a combatant.

steelwarrior77
Colonel

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 am

I see - thanks again ;-D

Return to “Thirty Years War”