aryaman

Problems PBEM game

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi
I have tried to play a PBEM game, but when I save the first turn to send it to my opponent I find there is no .TRN file, just a .HST file and my .ORD file, any idea what am I doing wrong?

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:10 pm

That's all you need. :) There are no *.trn files.

elxaime
General

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:16 pm

aryaman wrote:Hi
I have tried to play a PBEM game, but when I save the first turn to send it to my opponent I find there is no .TRN file, just a .HST file and my .ORD file, any idea what am I doing wrong?

Just hit "save" when you are done and send the ORD file for your side to your opponent who started the game. Only one of you has to hit "end turn" when you both have saved your orders. They changed things around with the latest releases of games using the AGEOD engine where the HST file is created when a turn gets run and that is shared with the non-hosting player.

aryaman

Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm

However, the problem seems to be that I send my .ord file and then my opponent runs the turn, but my ordersd are not carried on, first it was the AI that played and when my opponent disabled the AI simply there was no orders carried on.

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:22 pm

aryaman wrote:However, the problem seems to be that I send my .ord file and then my opponent runs the turn, but my ordersd are not carried on, first it was the AI that played and when my opponent disabled the AI simply there was no orders carried on.

I am having no problems with my orders being carried out. Are you sure your leaders passed their initiative rolls?
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty
-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
-Napoleon III-

Leibst

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

aryaman wrote:However, the problem seems to be that I send my .ord file and then my opponent runs the turn, but my ordersd are not carried on, first it was the AI that played and when my opponent disabled the AI simply there was no orders carried on.

check that the name of the file is correct, should be as the one of the oponent, except the side.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”