allan_boa
Colonel

TEAW vs TYW

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:07 pm

I know it's a bit weird because time frames are completely different between these two games but which one is the most "Grand Strategy" ga,e of the two ?
Is TEAW more global, ie less "tactical", including politics, economics management, etc, or are the two games comparable (regarding this "grand strategy" criteria) ? Do they use exactly the same engine ?
Thanks

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:17 am

I think you are on the right track.

TEAW - Turns are 15 days and the war goes on from 1914-1918. Thirty Years War is turns of 30 days and goes on for well, 30 years, 1618-1648. The first few turns of TYW (I will use abbreviations from now on) go by very quickly because it is mostly a small rebellion at first and not many decisions to make. TEAW the first few turns take a while, if you ask me, because you need to go through all units. Decide on build strategy. Decide on a lot of different things.

I am not sure if they use exact same engine, but I think so.

If you want a good example of differences between the two, watch XTRG's let's plays and some of his TYW Let's play. It will show you much of the differences. A lot more "economic" juggling is in TEAW. Largest battles I have seen in TEAW involved 1.5 million men total both sides. So far largest battle I have seen in TYW has been about 35,000 men total both sides.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Return to “Thirty Years War”