bkosar19
Sergeant

Raid Decision?

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:38 am

I don't understand how the raid decision is supposed to work. It says you can target disloyal towns if you have a raider unit in that location.

So, I'm playing the Bohemian Revolt scenario as the Emperor. I buy a Croat light cavalry unit. It pops-up in Vienna the next turn. I check the decision options and see that I can raid Vienna despite it being a 100% loyal to the Empire. Why am I allowed to raid a town that is 100% loyal to me? And why would I want do such a thing?

So, I start moving my Croat unit around the map. Moving it from Protestant controlled town to Protestant controlled town. Each turn I check the decision options to see if I can raid that disloyal town with the Croats, but each time I see that the raid option is not available.

What am I missing here? Or is the raid decision bugged?

bkosar19
Sergeant

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 pm

I usually avoid necrobumping, but I am still in the dark on how this decision is supposed to work. Anyone have any tips or ideas on to effectively use it?

Leibst

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi bkosar its not working well, it will be fixed in next patch that i want to release soon.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

bkosar19
Sergeant

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:44 am

Thanks for the answer. I suspected it wasn't working right back in September. So, I'm glad to finally to get an answer and am looking forward to the patch.

I have some free time on my hands this week so I dusted off TYW and some other Ageod games. I dived into the Swedish Intervention scenario as the Catholics. So, far I've played through 1631 and it's been a lot fun. However, I've run into a few oddities.

1) One of my two-star generals just disappeared: Conti who was with Conti's Korps in Landsberg. I never moved him and his army was never attacked, but one turn he was gone! His army was now commanded by some generic colonel (the "Colonel Colonel" characters are rather lame- couldn't the game pick some random name?) I check the log closely every turn and never got any notification that something had happened to Conti. He just vanished.

2) I ordered a Bavarian supply unit to be made in Augsburg. The game started the build, but then it just stopped. It's supposed to take 30 days, but for some reason it's not building. It's been a year of game-time since I ordered that supply unit and it's still in the recruitment queue. If the game won't finish building it then is there anyway I can cancel the order? (Also, Augsberg indicates that I can't enter it.)

Leibst

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:18 am

there is an event .for Conti's removal. He was sick.
Regarding the issue of the supply unit is the first time i see something like that. Can you put here your saved game
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

bkosar19
Sergeant

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I'd love to be able to upload my saved game with the never finishing supply unit, but I can't seem to find my saved game folder. It's not in the main TYW folder. Nor is the game saving it to my documents folder as it does for other Ageod games such as WON or TEAW. When I press ctrl-click on a saved game in TYW's Load screen then the game informs me that the saved games folder is "unavailable." I've checked every location on my Win 7 machine and can't find it. Matrix Games folder? My Games folder? Games folder? Not in any of them. The game is allowing me to resume my current game turn, but I have no clue where it is storing it.

Hrothgar
Lieutenant

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Could you run a search on your computer for the save file? Then you could find out where they're being stored.

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:45 pm

My saves are in Thirty Years War/TYW/saves

I hope can you find it
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leibst

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:14 pm

i have my saved games in MyDocuments/MyGames/TYW/Saves
HQ website

bkosar19
Sergeant

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:17 pm

File search revealed nothing.

And, as said earlier, my Thirty Years War/TYW/saves folder doesn't exist. That's the first place I looked. And if I create one then the game doesn't recognize it. Nor is it in My Documents folder alongside the saved game folders for TEAW and WON.

I suspect it somehow got zapped when I patched the game due to possibly routing the patch into a wrong folder. I am going to do a clean install and re-patch the game to see if that can restore a visible saved games folder.

EDIT: The reinstallation of the game has restored my missing saved games folder. It's in Thirty Years/TYW folder. I do think it was something caused by the patch installation. When I changed the installation destination for the patch I didn't notice that there was an extra "Thirty Years War" descriptor added onto its destination so it ended-up as "C:\Matrix Games\Thirty Years War Thirty Years War." It appeared that the patch did install because it had the 1.01RC on the loading screen, but I do suspect that its possibly faulty installation zapped my saves folder. Today when I reinstalled the patch I made sure to delete that extra "Thirty Years War."

Due to the reinstallation, I can no longer have any save (hidden or otherwise) with the ever-building Bavarian supply unit bug. (Maybe that was also an issue caused by the faulty patch installation.)

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:15 pm

If, as you say, can still 'resume' your game try hitting 'save' game ... I noticed a message with the path displays on the screen as it's saving the game. It disappears quickly.

edit; I see you reinstalled so might be too late.
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bkosar19
Sergeant

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:29 pm

jack54 wrote:If, as you say, can still 'resume' your game try hitting 'save' game ... I noticed a message with the path displays on the screen as it's saving the game. It disappears quickly.

edit; I see you reinstalled so might be too late.

Yes, I noticed that. It said it was storing it in my Thirty Years War/TYW/saves folder, but that folder was missing. You're supposed to be able to open that folder from the load screen by pressing ctrl-click, but when I did it today then I'd get an error message telling me that folder was "unavailable."

I also just noticed that my "logs" folder had also been missing. The reinstall restored both the saves folder and the logs folder. Yet, the game seemed to be functioning except I couldn't find my saved games. Strange. I do believe it was a faulty installation of the patch that caused those folders to disappear.

Return to “Thirty Years War”