Offworlder
General

Edict of Restitution...

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Playing as Catholic, I'm always getting a message that Edict of Restitution is not possible. Given its primary importance politically in the evolution of the TYW, is it possible for anyone to tell me how to get it?

Leibst

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:12 pm

The edict should be active at the start of 1624 but only after Denmark has surrendered. And it can be deactivated from July 1629.
It seems there is a bug, i will check and fix it.

Yes, in the file HRE_TYW_PolOptions.sct in the event evt_nam_HRE_EdictDeactivated the date is wrong, MinDate is 1624/07/01 and this is wrong, should be 1629/07/01. I will fix this.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Offworlder
General

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks - that should be it coz the message came up in January 1625.

BTW, what does it take to have the Swedes intervene in the Grand Campaign (especially for the AI)? It seems that the AI sometimes tries to bring over France (to no effect it seems) through diplomatic means, but that is it. BTW I checked the Protestant side, and although it had next to nothing in resources, it had plenty of EPs (over a hundred at one point).

Another thingy is about the initial Spanish reinforcements that are received both by the Imperial Army and under Cordoba. Didn't these depart to Flanders in toto historically? As it stands, one can easily save the bulk of these excellent troops and within a year or so, whack any army in the Palatinate in conjunction with the Army of the Catholic League.

Return to “Thirty Years War”