Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Minor but important installation glitch

Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:24 pm

When I try to change the settings from the initial autoplay game menu or call up the configuration file (which is the same thing) I get the following Anglo-French message (which makes perfect sense to me, but may not to normal people):

Impossible de creer le fichier "C\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Thirty Years War\Querying". Access is denied.

Unquote

What I have tried to do without success is to input my serial number because I know that two or three years down the road this is the only place I will be able to find it. I haven't tried changing any of the other settings, but that probably won't work either.

Leibst

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:14 pm

I paste here Pocus answer from the Matrix Forum, for the same problem.

"Even if you are in Admin, the UAC (User Account Control) in Seven is very sensitive to any attempt into writing or creating a file in C:\Program Files. You should probably lower it one notch. Windows 8 is better on that. This is on Config Panel / Maintenance Center.

As for the the message being partly in French, that's a limitation of the compiler I'm using, some low levels messages are using strings from the language I'm using. Sorry for that. The message says that the game is prevented from creating a file. "
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Franciscus

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:21 pm

My personal advices:
- Do not install this or other games in the "program files" folders. Use for example C:/Games
- Turn off UAC. IMHO it is useless...
- Be sure your game folders are exempt from auto-scanning from your AV software

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 pm

I installed into E:\Games with the rest of the AGEOD titles and experienced no installation issues at all (so far).

-C

Return to “Thirty Years War”