Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Requutions doesnt give WS. Contribution does. And the English aid always report us 3 WS and 8 T.Thalers.

OK, my error as I confused Requisitions with Contributions. Sorry. However, I am absolutely certain that the English Aid decision delivered zero WS last time the opportunity to use it appeared. I am sure because I had zero WS when I selected the decision and zero WS after it fired although the Thalers were added to my treasury, such as it is. Curious.

Thanks for checking.

-C

Leibst

Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:14 pm

need a saved game or the script corresponding to that turn.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:need a saved game or the script corresponding to that turn.

WILCO if it happens again. Thanks.

-C

mawksmonster
Civilian

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but im now in January 1632 and Sweden still hasn't declared war on the HRE. That and Denmark is just floundering around with no armies but they still wont surrender. It's been probably 20+ turns since there has been any fighting at all. Is the Swedish Intervention something that is based on probabilty in the full Thirty Years War campaign?

Leibst

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:34 pm

No. There is an issue with the AI. Have the event of danish surrender fired? Have you taken all danish cities except its capital? Sweden needs danish surrender to enter and loyalty over 70 in the dip box
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

mawksmonster
Civilian

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Denmark has lost ever single one of its cities except Copenhagen. But no the Danish surrender event has not triggered. Do i need to work on them with diplomacy as well? The protestants have no military control in any regions and no cities other than ones that are currently blocked off to me.

edit: I just remembered sometime in 1628 maybe I got a message that popped up saying that a non-AI has not submitted a turn and if i wanted the AI to take over. Could that maybe have something to do with Denmark not surrendering?

edit 2: December 1632 Denmark randomly surrendered. :confused:

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:53 pm

pantsukki wrote:Some initial observations:
-The pictures for the two sides for the Swedish Intervention scenario seem to be the wrong way round, also the Catholic tooltip says "The Catholic player wins if he breaks the Imperial morale..."
-IIRC in previous titles pushing the Ctrl key while having an army selected used to show the exact numbers of the army, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore, is it WAD?
-At least in the 1630 scenario the cities by default seem to have practically no depots. This, combined with the low amount of supply trains available for recruitment, makes getting reinforcements with the harsher rules quite hard.

My mistake regarding the pictures, I thought that the portrait for the Catholic side was Gustav II Adolf, but I guess he's some papist.

Someone had already mentioned that the aid from Gregory XV doesn't seem to give any money, and that the Protestants spawn artillery in Prague even after it's been taken by the Empire.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I seem unable to fully reinforce some of my artillery units, even though they are in depot towns. All artillery chits seem to be given to garrison units.

Why not give the HRE control over Bohemian (and Moravian) provinces after the surrender event fires? It's a tedious process to manually resume control of them.

After the Protestant side has suffered some defeats, their morale is really low, and I'm worried that they won't be able to fight back anymore. This seems a little unfair, as it will also affect completely new participants, like Denmark and Sweden, who shouldn't care *that* much about Bohemian and German losses. Maybe boost the Protestants' morale every time they gain new members? Also after about one year of being at war with me, the Danes seem really impotent.

Leibst

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:51 pm

good point pantsukki, will ad that, if Morale is low it will be revised, makes complete sense.
Regarding the Moravian provinces it was historical. The HRE spent some troops and months to retake control of that areas.
HQ website

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 pm

And to clarify, when I wrote "Also after about one year of being at war with me, the Danes seem really impotent", I mean that I've been observing them for roughly a year now, and they seem unable (& unwilling!) to achieve anything. I didn't attack them until about one year had passed. How many troops do they receive? I've fought one combined infantry group with some artillery, about 5000 men, and this happened close to Hannover. Dunno if they have more in Denmark, but doesn't seem like it.

Return to “Thirty Years War”