Random
AGEod Veteran

Bug Report(s)

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:51 pm

First one, albeit pretty minor.

Selecting an element while in the build unit menu results in a crash to desktop similar to what happens in RUS Gold when you do the same thing. Not a biggie to be sure and the near-term solution is just don't click an element symbol in the unit-build mode but, sometimes in one's excitement to come to grips with the Papist devils, one can forget.

On the other hand, installation went quiet smoothly, the documentation appears thorough, loading and running turns is pretty quick (so far) and the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

-C

HeinzHarald
Private

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Here are a few very minor bugs/errors I found:

* The Community button on the start screen opens the Civil War 2 forum rather than this one.

* In the Advanced Tutorial - Leaders Seniority text on the second line it says "muHst" instead of "must".

* In Thirty Years War - Tips and Maxims 2/3 text there's a period missing at the end of the message. Possibly the most minor issue ever, but I suppose it could leave some people wondering if there is text missing.

Leibst

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:43 pm

thanks, we will fix those things, even the minor ones ;)
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

HeinzHarald
Private

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Here's another small text error:

In The Paladins intro text once you've loaded the scenario [edit: as HRE], at the second line from the bottom it says "Brusnwick" instead of "Brunswick".

HeinzHarald
Private

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:12 pm

I decided to read through the entire manual, which was a good thing, I learned more than I had expected to.

While reading I figured I might as well highlight any errors I came across, so I did. I've highlighted both spelling errors, formatting errors, grammatical errors, and factual errors (only one of those, the glossary doesn't agree with the rest of the manual what constitutes a large and small force). You may not agree with me on everything I've highlighted, and that's fine of course.

I don't know if all pdf readers will be able to see the highlights (which start at page 8), but at least Microsoft Reader sees them just fine, and Xodo Docs which is the app I used.

The file was too large to upload directly to the forum, so I decided to use Docs.com. Let me know if you want me to remove the file. It can be downloaded from here:
https://doc.co/jTP6Yd

This is my first upload so I'm not sure what restrictions apply for downloading, but I hope you don't need to register. Let me know if I should upload someplace else.

Aldarus
Conscript

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Protestant artillery from event appear in Prague although it’s under Catholic control (3 times during the game).
Gregory XV option don’t work correctly (no cash, after use it’s active in the box).

bkosar19
Sergeant

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm playing with the 3rd highest activation level (sometimes leaders who don't pass their activation check will not be able to move at all). However, occasionally the event log will state that a leader and all the units in his army are "active" for that turn, but when I look at that leader and his army on the map they are "fixed" due to a failed activation check. Don't mind an army being fixed, but it's annoying to be told the opposite in the log.

Durk

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 pm

bkosar19 wrote:I'm playing with the 3rd highest activation level (sometimes leaders who don't pass their activation check will not be able to move at all). However, occasionally the event log will state that a leader and all the units in his army are "active" for that turn, but when I look at that leader and his army on the map they are "fixed" due to a failed activation check. Don't mind an army being fixed, but it's annoying to be told the opposite in the log.

I really like playing at this level of activation. What is confusing about the message is there are actually two activation checks. One at the end of the turn and then another at the beginning of the next turn. What you are seeing is the report for end of turn activation check. While the beginning activation check failure cannot be reported in last turns report. So this is actually a normal behavior, especially for leaders with low activation values. Also, the bonus and penalties for activation at this level compound sustaining the inactive status.

XTRG
Sergeant

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:44 pm

I am have periodic crashes to desktop from what i can tell every 20 minute's during the turn execution somewhat problematic trying to record a series with a crash every 20 mins :')

how do i access crash/error log's?

Leibst

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Go to the !Main log file in Thirty years War/TYW/Logs folder.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

XTRG
Sergeant

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 pm

[quote="Leibstandarte"]Go to the !Main log file in Thirty years War/TYW/Logs folder

This was Labeled Crictical " 12:25:59 [Critical ] THost.GenerateTurnFiles Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 00401D29 dans le module 'TYW.exe'. Ecriture de l'adresse 00000000 70 "

Could this be causing the crash?

Aldarus
Conscript

Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Units with emplaced guns can move without restrictions.

Leibst

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:11 pm

XTRG wrote:
Leibstandarte wrote:Go to the !Main log file in Thirty years War/TYW/Logs folder

This was Labeled Crictical " 12:25:59 [Critical ] THost.GenerateTurnFiles Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 00401D29 dans le module 'TYW.exe'. Ecriture de l'adresse 00000000 70 "

Could this be causing the crash?

Yes. Try installing the game out of Program files folder. It seem some players have problems with that folder, with Windows 7 if im not wrong.
HQ website

Leibst

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Aldarus wrote:Units with emplaced guns can move without restrictions.

Will check that Aldarus.
HQ website

Person of Interest

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 pm

The only manual I have in my game folder is for Civil War II. I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction?

XTRG
Sergeant

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:06 am

Leibstandarte wrote:
XTRG wrote:
Yes. Try installing the game out of Program files folder. It seem some players have problems with that folder, with Windows 7 if im not wrong.

Windows 7 yes, and ahh okay thank for the speedy response ill get back to once i've tried it but fantastic game, looking forward to making a good long series of it !

Durk

Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:27 am

Person of Interest wrote:The only manual I have in my game folder is for Civil War II. I can't seem to locate it anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction?

For me, I right click the desktop icon and select 'open file location.' In that folder there is another folder called 'Manual.' In that folder are three documents. Two are the Thirty Years War manuals.

Person of Interest

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 am

Durk wrote:For me, I right click the desktop icon and select 'open file location.' In that folder there is another folder called 'Manual.' In that folder are three documents. Two are the Thirty Years War manuals.

I still just get a Doc folder with CWII manual and no other manuals. Very odd. Thanks anyway.

Maecenas
Private

Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:57 am

The German Tutorial texts Switch to spanish during the first Tutorial. And Orienanburg north of Berlin should be Oranienburg
„Machen Sie sich frei von Kleinarbeit. Dazu halten Sie sich einige wenige kluge Leute. Lassen Sie sich aber viel Zeit, sich Gedanken zu machen und sich vor sich selbst ganz klar zu werden. Sorgen Sie dafür, dass Ihre Gedanken ausgeführt werden. Nur so können Sie richtig führen.“ - Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

Leibst

Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks! Yes there is a bug that affects some texts in Spanish and german. Will be fixed for first patch. And Oranienburg name.
HQ website

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Critical Error executing Turn-34 of the Grand Campaign:

Screenshot:

[ATTACH]34577[/ATTACH]

Saved Game and game log:

[ATTACH]34578[/ATTACH]

Error occurred during resolution of a battle and the game then dropped back into the menu page. However, the game would not exit using the "Quit" button and had to be exited using the task manager. Running Win-7 SP3.

Thanks, am thoroughly enjoying TYW.

-C

Edit
Replayed the turn without the battle and the crash did not occur.
Attachments
TYW_GC Critical Error.zip
(129.68 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Critical Error.jpg

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Some initial observations:
-The pictures for the two sides for the Swedish Intervention scenario seem to be the wrong way round, also the Catholic tooltip says "The Catholic player wins if he breaks the Imperial morale..."
-IIRC in previous titles pushing the Ctrl key while having an army selected used to show the exact numbers of the army, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore, is it WAD?
-At least in the 1630 scenario the cities by default seem to have practically no depots. This, combined with the low amount of supply trains available for recruitment, makes getting reinforcements with the harsher rules quite hard.

Leibst

Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm going to check that regarding the text right now.
in TYW and CW2, EAW just move the cursor over the number showinf the power of a unit.
Yes, 1630 is a hard scenario but can be done, its WAD.
HQ website

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 pm

I know it seems like piling on. Is "Ask the pope for help" supposed to work automatically if you choose it, or does it have a chance to fail? In my current game, I have selected it for about 3 turns straight, and I don't get the message that he has sent me help, and he is still available to be selected again.

I am playing as the HRE in the campaign.

Edit: I was the one that asked you about supply on the Matrix forums - problem solved! Build depots!!! What a dunce I am, but I thought that WIA supply rules meant no depots, so never even thought to build them. Supply is now under control.

2nd edit: I am enjoying the game. When you run out of money, it has consequences - your troops are not paid!!! They desert or something, but it certainly does not help!
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Random
AGEod Veteran

No options in Battle Planning Screen

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:57 pm

I suspect that this might be a graphics issue since when the Battle Planner screen first appeared, I had options to choose from. For the last couple of turns however, these have vanished and the only option available is to allow the computer to pick my plan, which seems to defeat the purpose of the Battle Planner. Is this WAD and I am missing something? TYW is my first AGEOD game that uses the battle planner but since it did seem to work and now does not there my be some other thing going on here.

[ATTACH]34580[/ATTACH]

Win-7 SP3
INTEL i7 2.3Gb CPU with 16Mb RAM
NVIDEA GForce GTX-670M
1920 x 1080 Resolution
AGEOD Config set to Fixed Resolution Borderless using desktop resolution.
No similar graphics issues with any other AGEOD title (AJE, HAN, BOR, ESP-36, RUS Gold, ROP Gold, PON and WW1G)

Any input is appreciated, thank in advance.

-C
Attachments
No plan options.jpg

HeinzHarald
Private

Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:52 pm

Random wrote:I suspect that this might be a graphics issue since when the Battle Planner screen first appeared, I had options to choose from. For the last couple of turns however, these have vanished and the only option available is to allow the computer to pick my plan, which seems to defeat the purpose of the Battle Planner. Is this WAD and I am missing something? TYW is my first AGEOD game that uses the battle planner but since it did seem to work and now does not there my be some other thing going on here.

I have seen that as well playing the Bohemian scenario, though only once so far.

Leibst

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:19 am

I need a saved game. Never seen this before.
HQ website

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:I need a saved game. Never seen this before.

Ask and ye shall receive...

[ATTACH]34584[/ATTACH]

-C
Attachments
Backup3.zip
(101.72 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Random
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:47 pm

I have noted that as the Protestant player, every time I play the "Requisition" decision card I receive the Thalers but never the War Supplies. This also seems to happen with the "Ask England for Aid" diplomatic option as well but not every time. Could you please look into this? Thank you in advance.

-C

Leibst

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Requutions doesnt give WS. Contribution does. And the English aid always report us 3 WS and 8 T.Thalers.
HQ website

Return to “Thirty Years War”