Queliffrel
Civilian

Game Save System 1

Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:29 pm

I own 8 of the AGEOD games and love them. But I have a huge problem with the game save system on most of the newer games including 30 yrs war, CWII, etc.

When I hit the game save button from within the game, it seems to save. But when I go to load my latest saved game from the game menu, it is not there. I cntl-click per the tool tip and it takes me to the game save folder, I see the file for the game I just saved, but when I click on it to load it I get a Microsoft error message.

I have lost many games in progress this way. Frustrating.

In other words, there is no way to access my saved games from the game save menu. I seems as though the game is auto-saving my game about every 20 minutes because when I try to load it, the date and time stamp is usually recent, but not the exact date of my save.

What am I doing wrong here?
Last edited by Queliffrel on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stratman
Captain

Re: Game Save System

Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Queliffrel wrote:When I hit the game save button from within the game, it seems to save. But when I go to load my latest saved game from the game menu, it is not there. I cntl-click per the tool tip and it takes me to the game save folder, I see the file for the game I just saved, but when I click on it to load it I get a Microsoft error message.

What am I doing wrong here?

Hi Queliffrel and welcome to the Club!

Once I had a similar issue with Espana 1936
The reason was I changed the folder during installation. I reinstalled then the game with the default folder and all the saves access.

Hope it will help

Bohémond

Re: Game Save System

Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:23 am

From this thread http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=52837&p=400535&hilit=userpath#p400535, userpath.ini can be the issue.

Try delete it and let us know.

Regards

Return to “Thirty Years War”