GuileMike
Sergeant

Love this game hate the crashes...

Sat May 16, 2020 2:21 am

Please, can you update this game. This game is fun when it works. I love supporting you guys but can you show the love back?

GM

Durk

Re: Love this game hate the crashes...

Sat May 16, 2020 11:56 pm

What at the conditions about when your game crashes. I only ask because I never have crashes with this game and may be able to suggest a few work arounds.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Sun May 17, 2020 6:17 am

The only crashes that I have experienced in TYW were self-inflicted by clicking on the Elements window when in the Unit Purchase mode. This is a known issue, one that is easy to avoid and other than that single problem there has been zero stability problems, freezes or CDT in my TYW games.

-C

GuileMike
Sergeant

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:00 am

I think it is just the PC I have for it. It is a lower scale rig that I have for work. Trying it now on my gaming PC and boy is it a difference with no crashes.

Just wish attrition was not so harsh.

jlank27
Civilian

Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:24 pm

Do you have any recommendation as to the best version of this game re stability? Is the Matrix version less crash prone on windows 10 or is the Steam version better?

Leibst

Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Both versions should be the same.

- Miguel

http://www.hqwargames.com

jlank27
Civilian

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:25 am

Thanks Miguel, I picked up the steam version and I’ve been playing it with no problems at all. It’s a beautiful game and I really learned to appreciate some of these AGEOD titles after getting deeply into TEAW. I went ahead and picked up ECW and WON because MATRIX had them on sale.

GuileMike
Sergeant

Fri May 28, 2021 4:32 am

How about the attrition?

Is there some way to scale it down? Seems like I can never have armies live long, even when it is not winter.

Bargus
Corporal

Fri May 28, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi GuileMike,

I think there are some settings in the options to lower the effects of attrition. I haven't played a lot of TYW, but I believe the general flow is to break apart armies and rest inside cities during the winter months; then recombine in the spring and conduct your offensive operations. Kind of a pain, and definitely slow-going. If you're in the middle of the siege and don't want to break-off for the winter, keep as many supplied wagons with your army as you can, as that cuts down on attrition. Hope this helps!

Durk

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:03 pm

Tick off Historical Attrition.
Make sure you have wagons.
TYW uses the 'simple supply' system, which means if you mainly have played newer topics, they whole supply situation is different. Supply is not forwarded, it is only local. So you need to do some counting of unit elements. Place this against the supply output of regions your forces are in and adjacent too (absent other of your forces). The number of elements must be lower than the available supply.
Once you get a feel for this very different supply system, it works just fine. Find a player of WIA or AJE to get a sense of how to make this work. But when not in a balance of elements to supply, get some wagons to extend your supply.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:52 pm

From my pbem experience it is a game quickly can punish -either side- in smallest mistakes. Whether it is about supply situation or wrong battle.

Return to “Thirty Years War”