Philsavory
Sergeant

Army Formation

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:43 pm

I was playing as the French (Jan 1805 start), I created an Army HQ in Paris, attached Murat (on his own) to it. Turned it into an army, it became 'Grande Armee', and immediately all subordinate corps of the original 'Grande Armee' was transferred to him. Napoleon still had his original 'Grande Armee'. Not a game breaker, but I thought it might it be worth a mention.

Montbrun
Major

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Actually, it is a problem. Corps get reassigned to the named army that they were assigned to. This happened for me in 1805, in Austria, when the Grande Army was renamed by the AI to the Army of Dalmatia, and the Army of Italy was renamed to the Grande Army. As a result, all of my Corps in the previous Army of Italy were unassigned, and all of my Corps in Austria were assigned to the former Army of Italy.

The naming convention is, apparently, based on the area of the continent that your unit is in when created. The AI randomly renaming armies was an issue - I'm not sure whether it's been fixed or not. You cannot rename Armies, they are assigned by the AI for game AI purposes, which I understand.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:20 am

Are the devs aware of it, and what have they said so far?

Fred Sanford
Civilian

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:06 pm

I'm having a similar issue. I made "Armee d'Allemange" with Murat in Hannover. It keeps renaming itself "Grand Armee", while the 'real' Grand Armee is in Strasbourg. When I reload, Grand Armee becomes Armee du Sud.

Montbrun
Major

Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:10 pm

They're aware...

Pocus

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:56 am

So far we did not had a good save (with previous turn) showing an undue renaming of an army to 'Grande Armée'. It should be the name of the army with Napoleon and only him.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Philsavory
Sergeant

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Pocus

I've installed the patch, and created an army on turn 1with Murat (after detaching and removing corps status, and adding an army hq (in training)), and it creates 'Armee du Nord'. After turn resolution it turns into 'Grande Armee', even though Napoleon is in the same region with the Grande Armee. Is this WAD? Thanks very much for the new patch, by the way; quick work and thanks to all concerned.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Logs.rar
(197 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
5 - 1805 January Grand Campaign.rar
(1 MiB) Downloaded 74 times

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Philsavory wrote:Hi Pocus

I've installed the patch, and created an army on turn 1with Murat (after detaching and removing corps status, and adding an army hq (in training)), and it creates 'Armee du Nord'. After turn resolution it turns into 'Grande Armee', even though Napoleon is in the same region with the Grande Armee. Is this WAD? Thanks very much for the new patch, by the way; quick work and thanks to all concerned.

This has happened a few times to me as well.

Pocus

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:53 am

... and fixed!

Thanks to everyone :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Philsavory
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:54 am

Pocus wrote:... and fixed!

Thanks, Pocus. Will there be a hotfix, or will it be in the next patch?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Pocus wrote:... and fixed!

Thanks Pocus, could you tell us what the issue was ?

Return to “Help improve WON”