Nikel

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:40 pm

veji1 wrote:Does anyone have the March 24 beta ? I did a clean reinstal on a new computer and was looking forward to playing this weekend... didn't go as planned ! So I only have the original game and the latest beta on this machine. Thanks !

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/WON/WONSetup_publicbeta102_March24.exe

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Aurelin
Colonel

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:26 pm

Nico165 wrote:It's a public beta hosted by ageod. Matrix won't be able to do anything about it, except sending you back here. Only solutions are reinstalling the previous beta or wait for the next.

That's why I have multiple installs. So I don't have to bother with that :)

Pocus

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:08 pm

We will upload a quickfix asap, an error in a unit recruitment made the game impossible to play, sorry again!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:30 pm

An updated patch with the crash on unit construction will be available in the first post within 30 mn of this message.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Pocus wrote:An updated patch with the crash on unit construction will be available in the first post within 30 mn of this message.

Thanks Pocus.

picaron

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:14 pm

:thumbsup:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Kev_uk
Colonel

Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Well done.

coach3play4
Private

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:47 pm

seems like build fort moved from build special order to build fort button on move special orders. no problem since for my game play its at my option. just noting. did not start new game with 4/11 patch since im well into 1812, but evrything running ok.

Pocus

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:41 am

Yes, this was done on purpose.

lodilefty

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:19 pm

coach3play4 wrote:seems like build fort moved from build special order to build fort button on move special orders. no problem since for my game play its at my option. just noting. did not start new game with 4/11 patch since im well into 1812, but evrything running ok.

My bad. It was supposed to be removed altogether, but I mis-coced the change.....

I'll post a quickfix in forum.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:42 pm

After installing the april 11 patch, I started a new game of the Waterloo scenario, to test it.

As Wellington, I waited in Brussels for the French to attack, which they did.

As the resolution of turn one took place, a battle circle appeared in Brussels, I made the usual choices, and the battle circle began. It ran for a very long time, and the battle finally ended.

But there was no pause, though pause after battle was checked on the options, and no battle report.

When the turn ended, I looked at the battle section of the messages. Their were 24 entries in the battle messages, all referring to a corps being committed, but no battle report. Some of the same corps had been committed several times to the same battle, according to the messages.

I checked my units, and none of them seemed to have suffered any losses. And Napolieons army was sharing Brussels with me.

Very strange, and it makes no sense. Any help will be appreciated.

Offworlder
General

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 pm

This patch was a marvellous improvement. However, two things seem to be persistent - the constant 'no' answers to the expeditionary forces by minor nations even if within the alliance and recruitment problems with the Swiss regiments (as the French), though for some reason I was able to recruit them in Bayreuth...

Offworlder
General

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Are expeditionary forces working for the French? I can't get anything from Switzerland, Italy, Holland, Naples, Warsaw, Westphalia or the Rhine and not for want of trying (interestingly I've seen the Westphalians and Polish recruit divisions - first time ever). The only cooperative ones are the Bavarians and Wurttemburgers. Nassau, Hessen and Baden agree to expeditionary forces but send nothing. Is this decision hardwired to answer no for certain minor states (especially the larger ones listed in the first line above)? Maybe there is a certain date after which such forces are easier to obtain? I've just started 1808...

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Pocus,
You may want to double check how this beta update updates. It took a few tries to get it to update the files correctly for the pathing but when I did get the pathing correct I found the main 11/4/16 exe file in the matrixgames folder and there was a new NGC folder within the original NGC folder and the new update files just didn't register correctly in-game. I do see that these beta updates show up as separate programs when going into remove programs in Windows. I found success came when I just installed to the program files subfolder and then copied the files where they needed to go. Then didn't have confusing duplicate folders around the actual program folders. Also makes removing update easier when a newer one comes along.

I'm sorry but I found the official 1.011 update absolutely worthless, glad I got into game with the 24/3/16 update after testing out the disappointing 1.011 update. I'm looking forward to the next official update to start a game solo PBEM playing all 7 major nations.

Pocus

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:24 am

Once we have made official the 1.02 patch we will see when we restart a beta round and I'll check this update installation path issue, thanks.

Return to “Help improve WON”