Sir Garnet

1.01 Patch QUestions

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Were vicberg's "temporary fixes" file issues all addressed?

"Engine Can now take over enemy cities even if a neutral country, but friendly with city owner is present in region."

Not at all clear what this meaans. Is this the situation where
1. Russia is at war with Turkey
2. Austria is at war with Turkey
3. Russia and Austria are neutral to each other but friendly.
4. Russia has passage rights in Austria.
so
5. Russia may attack and capture a Turkish-held city in Austria
6. The city once captured by a neutral reverts to its proper owner.

"Satellites and vassal will be much more generous in expeditionary forces and fleets."

Nice. I can hint what I want by Tab painting a port(?), or an enemy city, or quiet friendly region, but how does the AI translate these gestures? I.e., how do we hint at what we want?

Why was Develop Territory changed from 9 to 5 turns? That is barely more than a month. Seems very quick for development work. (Negotiating the local patronage, bribes, and favors alone would take longer than that.)

What does it represent and what do you see as its design purpose in the game?

Thanks.

P.S. Updater updating still a problem.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:06 pm

General issues that I pointed out were included. To Hit coefficient wasn't changed but cohesion was. If that doesn't work, then they will reduce to hit coefficient.

General concepts concerning Pressburg were incorporated and the supply issue for French units in Austria after peace were addressed.

So answer is, not in exact manner, but yes.

StatboyVT
Sergeant

Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:20 am

vicberg wrote:General issues that I pointed out were included. To Hit coefficient wasn't changed but cohesion was. If that doesn't work, then they will reduce to hit coefficient.

General concepts concerning Pressburg were incorporated and the supply issue for French units in Austria after peace were addressed.

Do you think future treaties (such as Tilsit) will need to be addressed too? I'm not a coder, so I can't tell by looking at the files.

Pocus

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:31 am

vicberg wrote:General issues that I pointed out were included. To Hit coefficient wasn't changed but cohesion was. If that doesn't work, then they will reduce to hit coefficient.

Ah so you confirm that peace treaties are now giving supply and passage?

The official patch is the result of our work between us sending the final file for the game release until December 10th I believe, so we worked on what the betas further reported but without any input from the public, and Vicberg had not bought the game yet ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help improve WON”