hellfirejet
Corporal

Re: Naval game errors?

Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:31 pm

15. Press 'ESC' and save the game. The new scenario will be written.

Everything works as described until I get to 15. Press 'ESC'

When I press escape the game goes immediately back to the main menu,which does not have an option to save the new scenario. With the result that the new scenario is not being written?

NB: Update I have found a work around that saves the new scenario. Instead of pressing 'ESCAPE' immediately save the game,using the top right save game button,then close the game to the game menu screen,then when you run the new game option,your modified game will load up,job done! :)

PhilThib

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 am

Exactly, the ESC never saves a new scenario. :indien:

hellfirejet
Corporal

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 am

Now that I have been shown how best to save any new mod,I can start getting stuck into sorting out a good few database errors. I have put the actual mod on hold until a time that I have updated all Nation's ship OOBs into the model database. Hopefully this might be of use to all members who have a copy of the game.

I will start with the French navy, Listed below are all ships available during the years 1805-1815 by ship type.

1st Rates (118) guns as per the game = Total 7 ships.

Ocean|Majestueux|Impérial|Austerlitz|Wagram|Royal Louis|Montebello|

1st Rates (110) guns as per the game = Total 3 ships.

Invincible|Republicain|Iena|

3rd Rates (80) guns as per the game = Total 20 ships.

Indomptable|Formidable|Alexandre|Foudroyant|Bucentaure|Neptune|Robuste|Donawerth|Eylau|Friedland|Sceptre|Tilsitt|Auguste|Pacificateur|Illustre|Diadème|Conquerant|Zélandais|Magnifique|Ville de Varsovie|

3rd Rates (74) guns as per the game = Total 83 ships.

Pluton|Sceptre|Centaure|Fougueux|Patriote|Tourville|Eole|Batave|Finisterre|Redoutable|Gaulois|Aquilon|Jemmapes|Wattignies|Brave|Marengo|Jupiter|Argonaute|Impétueux|Diomede|Aigle|Heros|Scipion|Magnanime|Achille|Lion|Regulus|Ajax|Courageux|Hautpoult|Triomphant|Polonais|Tonnerre|Danube|Ulm|Golymin|Nestor|Trident|Trajan|Agamemnon|Romulus|Orion|Colosse|Superbe|Brilliant|Hercule|Capri|Gioacchino|Vétéran|Cassard|Suffren|Algeciras|Borée|Génois|Charlemagne|Anversois|Duguesclin|Cesar|Pultusk|Dantzig|Albanais|Breslaw|Dalmate|Rivoli|Regenerateur|Castiglione|Zélé|Royal Italien|Duguay-Trouin|Mont Blanc|Jean Bart|Ville de Marseille|Ville de Berlin|Commerce de Lyon|Mont Saint-Bernard|Intrépide|Berwick|Swiftsure|Annibal|Alliance|Atlas|Ulysse|Conquerant|

Nikel

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:45 pm

The official source of the Spanish Navy (Estado General de la Armada) in the links below if you are interested. The ships are listed by home port and number of cannons in the last pages of the pdf.

http://bibliotecavirtualdefensa.es/BVMD ... ath=135785

Other available years:

http://bibliotecavirtualdefensa.es/BVMD ... &anyo=1804

hellfirejet
Corporal

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Nikel,

Thank you for the info it is very much appreciated, I had all info on the ships, now knowing there location in 1805 is a great help :hat:

Wild Boar
Corporal

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi I have just read through this thread and congratulate you on your determination to succeed! I was supplying the information for the land campaign on their spreadsheets to correct unit names and also future units. I did a massive amount of work and posted the spreadsheets on a download file and emailed them. I am hoping they incorporate my changes at some point. I looked at the naval information and quickly realised I would never be able to do it. I can look at my files and see if there is a naval one if you need it? These are excel sheets. I think you might have the OOB one for the ships. As an aside here is a link for the May 1805 Naval list for the RN.
http://www.pbenyon.plus.com/Navy_List_1805/Index.html The links show their stations and status. I saw that you had managed to mod your changes into the game. If you could tell me how to do it I could do it for the land campaign. I have all the Agoed excel sheets to do it. I just don't know how to put into the game. I saw where there is a chap on here who helped you. Finally then we would finally have accurate land and naval oobs.

Return to “Help improve WON”