Sean E
Captain

Re: WON Public Beta patch February 24th - 2017

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:51 am

Can someone run me through how to update Steam version to 1.03? thanks

Captain_Orso

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 am

Sean E wrote:Can someone run me through how to update Steam version to 1.03? thanks

I don't think you can, bc a far as I know 1.03 is a public beta patch. Steam only updates to official patches, unless otherwise offered, which I don't think AGEod does with Steam.

To check the status of your update options, go to Steam -> Library -> Games, right-click Civil War 2 -> Properties UPDATES tab -> Automatic updates -> Always keep this game up to date. But you will only get the latest official updates, which on my installation is 1.02a.

I've never tried to apply beta patches manually to a game installed by Steam, but if I understand correctly, Steam will only apply an update when a new one becomes available, so hypothetically you should be able to apply a beta patch to your installation, without Steam messing with it, until such time as a new official patch is made available.

To find where Steam has installed the game go to Properties -> LOCAL FILES tab -> BROWSE LOCAL FILES... to open the installation folder in Windows Explorer. This is where you would install a patch manually.

If this folder is under 'C:\Program Files' I would strongly suggest first moving it to a new location by going to Properties -> LOCAL FILES tab -> MOVE INSTALL FILDER... and select a location outside and folders controlled by Windows, eg NOT under 'C:\Program Files' or 'C:\Users'.

phoenix
Captain

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:23 pm

I have updated AGEOD steam games manually with no issues. Just download the patch from the ageod forums and direct it to where your steam game is installed. If it's not an executable then just overwrite the steam files, if it's an exec just apply it to the WoN steam folder. Usually steam games are in the steam/steamapps/common/ folder, either on your C (x86 Program files) or D drive (wherever you directed them to when you installed the steam game).

All that said, I haven't actually manually updated WoN on steam, because I have the Matrix version of WoN, but I don't see why it should be different to EAW or AJE, which I have, at various times, updated manually.

Stelteck
Colonel

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:30 pm

I'am concerned this beta patch is not yet pushed on steam. Did the reported issue of the patch have been fixed ?

How about the installer issue that do not install the files in the right position on steam configuration ?

Did the game still have any support ?

It is quite a shame. I think customers deserve better.

Captain_Orso

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:59 pm

If you go into Steam -> Library -> Games -> right-click Wars of Napoleon -> Properties -> BETAS tab you will see that a 'beta access code' is required to take part in beta for this game. I don't know that AGEod ever does this in Steam. They only ever offer betas for the stand-alone game.

Return to “Help improve WON”