Marcelo
Conscript

Slow turn calculation

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi there, I am trying WON but game turns seem to be much slower than TYW or AJE, at the beginning of the game (playing Russia) it seems to take 3 mins per turn. So in na hour I spend more time waiting than playing. Is that normal or there is something I can do? Thanks

Durk

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:50 am

It will run more slowly. TYW and AJE have few units and no diplomacy calculations, and typically involve two factions. Playing as Russia you do not have too many units, but AI is running six majors and many minors, but also planning and executing many diplomatic decisions.

Marcelo
Conscript

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:49 pm

Durk wrote:It will run more slowly. TYW and AJE have few units and no diplomacy calculations, and typically involve two factions. Playing as Russia you do not have too many units, but AI is running six majors and many minors, but also planning and executing many diplomatic decisions.

Thanks Durk, but is a 3-minutes turn calculation normal? Maybe there is something I can do to speed it up? Because waiting an hour every 20 turns of a game does not seem like a good use of anyone's time.

Durk

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 am

I think 3 minute turns is pretty normal. I think not much can be done, buy a faster processor? More practically, check the options menu to insure you are allowing the computer to use maximum memory. I host a seven player game where it often takes up to 10 minutes to resolve, if there is a lot of action. So I make a sandwich, change the laundry or get a drink.
I do get that time used in sitting and waiting can be non-productive. Because I do a lot of pbem I am often using my time in correspondence or handling game files. Maybe there is a great history book you are dying to read? Three minutes is three pages for most people (not me, I am a very slow reader, I would just get a single page). It just takes time.

Marcelo
Conscript

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Hmm, ok thanks again. I will give it another try when I get a new computer then. I see that PON got a big patch and that thing was hard to play as well so I never really played it. So maybe I will try that and get back to WON later. Take care.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Re:

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:25 am

Marcelo wrote:Hmm, ok thanks again. I will give it another try when I get a new computer then. I see that PON got a big patch and that thing was hard to play as well so I never really played it. So maybe I will try that and get back to WON later. Take care.

Getting a new computer will not help as people with expensive gaming rigs seem to suffer slow turn time as well.

But in regard to this thread I was wondering the same so thank you for making this post. Was hoping there would be a third party software of some sort that could magically make the turn times at least go at least 2 minutes. Waiting 5 minutes kills the immersion after awhile XD. I hope there can patch or update to disable diplomacy and just have the grand campaign follow a strict event driven gameplay... This game is fantastic though, if the turn times were as fast at the other games this would be golden ^^ still a great game nontheless !

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”