Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Replacement Allocation Bug

Sun May 29, 2016 4:11 pm

I was really disappointed to find that the Game Option to allow the Athena Ignorance to build replacements for us is totally bugged. I would never allow the dumb AI buy my replacements because I know it would buy the wrong mix of them and waste up to 15% of my resources doing so. I want to buy my own because I can see which things need replacing and I like to replace all of my losses each turn plus have a buffer for each item.

The problem is that if you change the option in the option menu it won't apply to the AI's if you then go back in and change it to another setting you prefer in the country you're playing. I thought that if I set it in the game option menu it would affect the AI's replacement buying after discovering they actually don't buy replacements. So after testing to see if I could get them buying replacements I found that in the nation I was playing if I set it back to buying no replacements after setting it to the max of 15% in the game option menu that my selection overrode the game option and it affected all AI's.

To be blunt this feature is a massive waste. No one in their right mind should want the dumb AI to make replacement buying decisions for them. That this appears to affect the AI's as well is really poor programming. This feature should only apply to humans and the AI's should be separately scripted to buy their own replacements, hopefully set to replace 100% of their losses. So instead the AI's spawn tons of new units that do useless things while their existing units are wiped out through too many battles and too much needless marching around in bad weather. No wonder I'm going to play all 7 major nations myself.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Omnius wrote:I was really disappointed to find that the Game Option to allow the Athena Ignorance to build replacements for us is totally bugged. I would never allow the dumb AI buy my replacements because I know it would buy the wrong mix of them and waste up to 15% of my resources doing so. I want to buy my own because I can see which things need replacing and I like to replace all of my losses each turn plus have a buffer for each item.

The problem is that if you change the option in the option menu it won't apply to the AI's if you then go back in and change it to another setting you prefer in the country you're playing. I thought that if I set it in the game option menu it would affect the AI's replacement buying after discovering they actually don't buy replacements. So after testing to see if I could get them buying replacements I found that in the nation I was playing if I set it back to buying no replacements after setting it to the max of 15% in the game option menu that my selection overrode the game option and it affected all AI's.

To be blunt this feature is a massive waste. No one in their right mind should want the dumb AI to make replacement buying decisions for them. That this appears to affect the AI's as well is really poor programming. This feature should only apply to humans and the AI's should be separately scripted to buy their own replacements, hopefully set to replace 100% of their losses. So instead the AI's spawn tons of new units that do useless things while their existing units are wiped out through too many battles and too much needless marching around in bad weather. No wonder I'm going to play all 7 major nations myself.

Hi Omnius, beyond your strong language I would be really keen on hearing from the Devs whether this AI replacement issue for AI controled countries is confirmed.

Pocus

Mon May 30, 2016 3:03 pm

I really really doubt the AI don't build replacements unless the box is checked. That's your imagination most probably.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Pocus wrote:I really really doubt the AI don't build replacements unless the box is checked. That's your imagination most probably.

I don't know either, but maybe it's worth testing ? Thanks for your answer though.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”