Kev_uk
Colonel

Back to crashing every third turn with latest build :(

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:42 pm

I will post my dxdiag and log files again, but really upset. However, the game is lagging much less with this latest patch, that I will say positive. But...sigh....r
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Logs.rar
(246.41 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Kev_uk
Colonel

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:06 pm

I can add to this: I did what I did when I first bought the game and was advised from Matrix Tech Supp. forum. I uninstalled the game, deleted both the game folder and then the My Documents/My games/Won folder and installed from scratch. A complete re-install, then patched with today's beta patch. I can say that I have played the Aug.1805 campaign right through to mid October with no CTD. Works again, plus the game is far less laggy than it was. Good work. But I have seen no sign of Russia in this early campaign (and I am thrashing Austria as I know I can do having played this early part of the campaign so many times...another issue altogether).

bdtj1815
Conscript

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:27 am

Kev_uk wrote:I can add to this: I did what I did when I first bought the game and was advised from Matrix Tech Supp. forum. I uninstalled the game, deleted both the game folder and then the My Documents/My games/Won folder and installed from scratch. A complete re-install, then patched with today's beta patch. I can say that I have played the Aug.1805 campaign right through to mid October with no CTD. Works again, plus the game is far less laggy than it was. Good work. But I have seen no sign of Russia in this early campaign (and I am thrashing Austria as I know I can do having played this early part of the campaign so many times...another issue altogether).

I think you will find if you restart the game playing as Russia and look at where their forces are that they are mostly in the Caucasus and other places East. I have played two games to mid/late 1806 and this has happened in both. Crushing Austria and Prussia is very easy when no,or very few, Russians turn up!! I see no reason why the map goes so far East, the Caucasus and Azerbaijan can hardly be described as part of the Wars of Napoleon and seem to really confuse the AI.

Pocus

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:48 am

It seems linked to a memory issue, did the tech support asked you to change some settings in the game options, on memory usage or max texture size?
Also, did they provide with a DirectX wrapper, if this is linked to video memory, it will help.

This has not much to do with how much memory you have in your computer though, in case you wander about that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:09 pm

I had a few windows errors, limited space on my SSD so all the tech.supp guy told me was to install on a different phsyical drive, add exceptions to Windows Defender and the Firewall, and update my drivers. It did stop the crashing. Now I have just reinstalled from scratch again, and it seems to be working again. Maybe a patch install error or something? But the game does lag less now.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:23 pm

bdtj1815 wrote:I think you will find if you restart the game playing as Russia and look at where their forces are that they are mostly in the Caucasus and other places East. I have played two games to mid/late 1806 and this has happened in both. Crushing Austria and Prussia is very easy when no,or very few, Russians turn up!! I see no reason why the map goes so far East, the Caucasus and Azerbaijan can hardly be described as part of the Wars of Napoleon and seem to really confuse the AI.

Well Napoleon did think about invading India when Tsar Paul was on the Russian Throne...but yea, big map.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi Pocus, the CTD is still not fixed. This morning when I turned on my PC it kept doing it very regularly - I am at a loss what to do now. Again, my files.

[ATTACH]38182[/ATTACH][ATTACH]38183[/ATTACH]
Attachments

Pocus

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:18 am

Hi,

Sorry for these troubles. In main menu, options windows, go to system and reduce memory usage to a minimum. If that's not enough, there is an option to not load large textures, you can try that too.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Ok, I turned down the memory usage to 10%, left off texture initialisation, and...lo and behold...played a fair few hours today with not one single crash. Go figure how this work...thanks.

Pocus

Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:19 am

Good! That's because some recent video cards and the library we use for DirectX don't get along well.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”