Jeune Grognard
Private

1808 again-What to do npw?

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:48 am

Hi all,

I'm in 1808 again, started a new game as French, Campaign 1805 January. Only two crashes, for me is accetable, in consideration of the complexity of the game, no problem. Now the AI has really improved, more aggressive, no "tourist" units. Very good work, my compliments!

BUT:

-impossible to annex Tuscany , script didn't fire in 1808, wasted 50 action points but Tuscany is still Tuscany (anyway, I've declared war and conquered Florence, for the moment: it's an easy war... :D ).

-the most important thing: of course, Spain :mad: . French Spain fired well, and the "British Spain" satellite diseappered: good! Motin d'Aranjuez, ok. But after, nothing else. Spain is still at war with Britain and still member of French Empire. The script for lines of communication in Spain doesn't appear, and the war doesn't begin. I'm now at the half of August 1808. Now I stop here waiting for your advice. :wavey:

What to do now?

a)I could Kick out Spain from French Empire and declare war on Spain. Hoping the British will ally with Spain and don't stay at war with her...

b)I could wait for a bit (1809?), hoping the option "lines of communications through Spain" will appear and the war will begin automatically...

c) ???

Thanks for your answers

Jeune Grognard

Pocus

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:38 am

I'll report the issues with scripts to the Historical Team, stay tuned!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

PhilThib

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 am

As for Tuscany, the condition to annex it is NOT to own already Firenze...if you already have the city, then the option is gone.

For the French lines of communication event to appear, you must have first to conquer Portugal...if not done, then no event. And this event is important because it boosts the war entry of Spain and is a condition for the 2 De Mayo...for which anyway you need to wait at least 6 months before anything happens (Spain will rebel when it's resentment level is 36+, Motin de Aranjuez occurs starts at 20...every turn you have 20+ units in Spain, it gains 1)...

Now, without Portugal, no reason to station French troops in Spain, so that explains the logic...

Solution: invade and capture Lisbon and Porto

If this is done already, the, may be there is an issue with the event...in which case I shall need your latest script reports.

Jeune Grognard
Private

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:59 am

Hi all, bonjour Philippe et merci

Volià: I didn't own Firenze when I've tried the option; but no annexion occured; I've conquered Portugal in 1807 (victory at Lisboa in Summer 1807). But now, July (sorry, not August) 1808 no lines of communications in Spain. I'll try now sending troops in Spain , I've my "Armée d'Espagne" under Soult ready to do this at Bayonne. Amyway, here you are the scripts report. I hope it's the right file, if not let me know. Je peux aussi parler en Francais, pour moi c'est mieux! :)
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

PhilThib

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 pm

De ce que je vois, tout le problème vient de la non-occupation de Lisbonne, vous êtes sûr de l'avoir conquise...???

Line 26021: EvalRgnOwned: Checking 149 Lisboa is owned False

Si vous n'avez pas eu l'événement "Légion Portugaise", qui dépend de la chute de Lisbonne, cqfd...

Ca bloque TOUT le reste....envoyez moi le save...

Jeune Grognard
Private

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Oui, je suis sur. Mais si je me rappelle bien, je n'ai pas recu la Légion Portugaise. Je n'avais pas accordé trop d'importance à cela, je croyais que quelque chose avait été changé avec la nouvelle patch. Pour la petite Légion je ne me suis pas préoccupé! Je vous envoye le save, mais le save de Juillet 1808. J'ai conquis le Portugal en 1807, et le save est perdu. Donc le dernier save...j'espère qu'il soit utile! Mais comment? Par e-mail? Le fichier est grand!

Merci

PhilThib

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:55 am

Par email si moins de 20mb, ca passe. pthibaut@ageod.net

Jeune Grognard
Private

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:13 am

PhilThib wrote:Par email si moins de 20mb, ca passe. pthibaut@ageod.net

Bonjour, oui, heureusement 19 mb! Envoyé maintenant, un grand merci pour votre disponibilité!

Jeune Grognard

PhilThib

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:48 am

Merci, bien reçu. Comme je le disait, le soucis vient bien du Portugal qui est en paix avec la France et contrôle sa capitale...or toute la logique de la suite d'événements qui conditionnent la guerre ne Espagne vient du fait que la France doit imposer le blocus continental au Portugal, en s'emparant de ses 2 grands ports, et qu'une fois fait elle doit ravitailler ses troupes en déployant une ligne de dépôts à travers l'Espagne, et que cela fini par fâcher le peuple espagnol qui se révolte....

Jeune Grognard
Private

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Très bien. Alors je vais recommencer une autre campagne. Je garde le save en tout cas, pour une autre fois. Je ferai attention à Lisbonne! Je vous ferai savoir ; il me faudra quelque jour pour y re-arriver! A bientot ... en Portugal! :laugh:

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”