Shri

Re: The 7 player game with confusions and missed chances

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:22 pm

As the game ends, i leave the lessons i learnt about this game for any unlikely person who may choose to read this AAR of mine, not that it was anything great, but it wasn't the usual stuff and the game lasted barely 3 years. :dada:

1. There are a lot of player made patches out there, do apply them. In our game, William and Carl helped in applying all the necessary patches and thus the game ran. Otherwise it is still very buggy. The patches improve the game somewhat.
2. Large corps >> Small corps. Goes totally against conventional Napoleonic thinking. But the thing is in battle the Larger corps decimate smaller ones. Of course Corps >> Columns as Columns do not MTSG easily or never do.
3. Beware of dug-in positions, think 10 times before attacking them. Even if you have Nappy leading the troops and have numerical, cavalry and artillery superiority. (my game ended due to this)
4. As France ask your allies for troops, sometimes they don't give but take what's given and use it. You will fall short of troops soon. (in my game i got roughly troops equal to 6 divisions or 2 small corps from all my allies put together). Though these troops (prepared by AI) were either infantry heavy or cavalry heavy and lacked artillery, support, supply carts and decent generals.
5. Keep a strategic reserve in Paris else the big bad English can pop up in Normandy with 100k troops (i actually inherited that awful situation to find 100k Englishmen in Cherbourg and Paris having barely 25k troops to defend itself.) :bonk:

Return to “WON AARs”