BBBD316
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:36 am

Is that like Hoffman to Hindenburg? Or is it the fat dude in the blue uniform?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:24 pm

BACK

We had a restart and change of players and now we are rolling again.

1st Week of August, 1805.

No screen shots yet. Karl behind defensive works smashed the Army of Italy to the tune of 21k losses to his 6k of losses. Lesson learned on going in full assault mode against defensive works. France was going to play nice with Austria and Prussia, but Austria joined the 3rd Coalition and went to war against France, so Nappy, Murat and 3 corp (Lannes, Soult and Davout) are pushing on Wien this next turn. This time, I'm going in with defensive posture and see what's there first.

In Spain, the Spanish have gone to war against Portugal. Britain controls Portugal now. The Spanish have gotten pretty beaten up by the Portuguese corp there. France has committed Bessieres corp (3 INF div, 1 CAV div) and another French corp is on the way to the Spain. Wellington is freed up but months away. We are expecting the British to land in Portugal at some point soon.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:31 pm

2nd Week of August 1805

The casualties have gone up for unknown reasons after March 24th patch. There's been no changes to models and I can't detect a change in the combat settings file. Perhaps an engine change?

Regardless, I may have to tone things down another notch. These casualties are about high of the historical war. Granted in multi-player, you are going to have greater stacking. Mack was only 40% entrenched, so that might explain some of the results. Also, casualties are based on 800 man battalions. From what I'm reading battalions ranged around the 600 man range. So combat may be fine (we'll see) and the casualties artificially high.

Lannes, Soult and Davout, each with a "standard" corp of 3 infantry divisions and 1 cavalry division, plus Nappy with a Guards division and 2 Artillery divisions and Murat with 5 cavalary divisions (1 of them heavy currasiers) attack Wien against Mack, Franz and Johann. About even odds at 4000 cbt each (roughly). Nappy wins this battle.

[ATTACH]38056[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-03-26 16_25_02-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Last week of August

Pressburg has been signed. In this mod, money, horses and war supplies are transferred from Austria to France, reduced from Austria stockpiles (that's new to the mod) and peace is enforced for 48 turns including foreign access. Soult (4th Corp), Lannes (5th Corp) and Davout (3rd Corp) with their standard corps of 3 INF Divs and 1 Cav Div are moving towards the Saxon border and will winter at Nuremberg.

[ATTACH]38096[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]38097[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]38098[/ATTACH]

Gouvion's renamed 9th Corp is coming up from Italy to join Nappy and Murat with the Reserve Cavalry at Frankfurt.

[ATTACH]38099[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Gouvion.png
soult.png
lannes.png
davout.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:37 pm

The situation in Portugal changed suddenly. After Baccelar and the Portuguese corp put up serious resistance to both the Spanish and French, the Portuguese King fled Portugal and took his officers and troops with him. So now Portugal is under Spanish control. Oporto remains under British control for the time being.

The Armee D'Espagne under Bessieres and 2nd Corp under Marmont will stay in Portugal. An understrengthed 7th Corp under Kellerman is at the Spanish border ready to intervene if necessary.

[ATTACH]38100[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]38101[/ATTACH]

The tactical situation now in Portugal. Portuguese fled the country

[ATTACH]38102[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-02 10_32_19-Greenshot.png
Marmont.png
Bessieres.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:08 am

So we are approaching the winter. Everything is going to hunker down.

On a MOD note, I'm adjusting economic production versus maintenance costs. My goal is to reduce reliance upon RGD cards, make RGD cards more expensive to play in terms of overall costs and have the base economy be able to support the major of the building/maintenance. I've done this already with draft cards. All power now have 4 cards per year, with each card costing 3 NM. France and Russia have Exception Drafts, which provide 4200 per draft card. All others have Major Drafts, which provide 2100. In 1807, all other powers upgrade to exceptional drafts. So the base economic production has been a challenge. I've changed economic production to every turn, reduced output from structures and now am balancing it with maintenance costs. I think I have it about right now.

I opened up all partisan RGD cards to make them easier to play and I've just finished the Wellington Events. They do the following:

1) Wellesley starts the game fixed in India
2) The Keep Wellesley in India event will now be turned on from start of game and does the following:
a. Gives GBR 1000 VP
b. Fixes Wellesley in Bengale for 192 turns from when option is chosen
3) If the event is not chosen, starting in 1806, there’s a 25% chance that Wellesley gets recalled to London, is auto-transported and fixed in London for 1 year.
4) If someone invades Portugal and Wellesley neither stays in India nor Goes Back to London, he becomes unfixed and available.
5) If Wellesley is NOT in India (he’s been moved out) and Wellesley Goes Back to London has not happened, there’s a 5% chance each turn that Mahrattas will declare war on GBR and go after Bengale. This means that if GBR wants Wellesley out of Bengale before 1806 and the Goes Back event is played, there’s a chance that there will be war with Mahrattas.
6) If the Mahrattas declare war via diplomatic engine or otherwise, Wellesley as well as all British troops in Bengale are unfixed.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:19 am

2nd Week of January, 1806

As we prepare for the oncoming campaign season, here's the perperations for Prussia. 3 Corp for the North, plus Nappy and Murat. All standard "french" corp of 3 infantry divs and 1 cavalry div.

[ATTACH]38613[/ATTACH]

3 Corp for Saxony/Southern Prussia. 1 Corp of these corp will be held back in case of an Austrian attack.

[ATTACH]38614[/ATTACH]

Here's Nappy. He's been beefed up a bit.

[ATTACH]38615[/ATTACH]

And Murat. Each leader has 2 Cav Divisions.

[ATTACH]38616[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-04-25 18_18_08-Greenshot.png
2016-04-25 18_17_48-Greenshot.png
2016-04-25 18_00_38-Greenshot.png
2016-04-25 17_58_23-Greenshot.png

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:19 pm

vicberg wrote:2nd Week of January, 1806

As we prepare for the oncoming campaign season, here's the perperations for Prussia. 3 Corp for the North, plus Nappy and Murat. All standard "french" corp of 3 infantry divs and 1 cavalry div.

[ATTACH]38613[/ATTACH]

3 Corp for Saxony/Southern Prussia. 1 Corp of these corp will be held back in case of an Austrian attack.

[ATTACH]38614[/ATTACH]

Here's Nappy. He's been beefed up a bit.

[ATTACH]38615[/ATTACH]

And Murat. Each leader has 2 Cav Divisions.

[ATTACH]38616[/ATTACH]

Be careful with the cavalry, the bigger they are the more attention they attract.

Return to “WON AARs”