vicberg
AGEod Grognard

My Napoleon Complex (WONV) - French Alliance Members Only Please - No Members? oh oh

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:59 am

7 of us are starting this out to be exact. The fellowship of the WON. I'm France.

Not going to be much posting yet because we are starting at August, 1805 and play for a few turns until patch comes out and then we are figuring the patch won't be compatible and have to restart, but it may be compatible and we will continue and then I need a bunch of furious posting to catch up and probably have already made massive mistakes thinking the game will restart and it's too late and then go into a deep depression and much lamenting.

But I'm starting this now, because, well, no real reason. Because I can. And there goes my Napoleon Complex again. Hmmm, going to need to work on that, or since my goal is to unify Europe and then the world, maybe I shouldn't.

lycortas2
Captain

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:36 am

My grand Spanish army and fleet are preparing for world conquest. Troops are embarking to land in Alexandria and Aldjazir. I ordered 33 more 74 gun ships of the line to be laid down. I was then informed by an adviser that we could not lay down 33 SotL at once, so I had him executed.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:29 pm

lol!

Lysimaque
Corporal

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Impatient to read this aar.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Impatience is my virtue. If you're bored, there's an AAR (multiple) going under EAW for the Ultimate Mod. After that shameless plug, I don't have much else to say.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:37 am

End of March 1805

It's been a fun time through the first 12 turns. RGD cards (Seize horses, develop territory, Draft, Requisition, Runner, Export Goods) and building replacements. Never ending replacements. It takes a lot of replacements to fill out the Grand Armee. I think I should consider myself lucky that it's only taken 3 months. I finally have replacements lasting beyond a turn without getting drained.

My biggest production limitation is war supplies. France really doesn't produce that much. Prussia has almost as much production as France. And since we can't build arsenals, what's the next best thing. Taking them from others. But that wouldn't be nice, unless we are justified in doing so. The beauty of cassus belli. It's not my fault.

We've started the expansionist, err, umm, justified defensive measures with Oldenburg. France can annex them in a few years, but taking them now provides 3 cities with 3 arsenals. Gotta love that. Also, those Oldernburgers won't allow me supply access. Again, not my fault. So, it's a stepping stone towards Hannover and another large city with an arsenal. And Hannoverians declared war on me without provocation. That wasn't nice. No, not nice at all. Not my fault.

So, a corp will take Oldenburg and Hannover, with the Grand Armee in striking distance if someone, horribly evil, wearing bright red coats would decide to interfere with my peaceful operations here.

[ATTACH]36585[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2015-12-28 17_09_47-AGE.png

lycortas2
Captain

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:21 am

I am the King of Spain, Carlos. My loving subjects on five continents are my constant concern. I must try to build enough replacements to fill out our badly depleted army.
As I love my subjects I only ask 300 or so conscript points to join the colors per month, which is not enough to keep up with attrition losses. We have hopes that by the end of the year I will have a small store of replacements.

My French ally is far to frivolous for our taste but it is our solemn duty as a king to help protect the French people as fellow Latins. We have started building infrastructure along the roads Madrid-El Ferrol and Madrid-Cordoba-Sevilla. We hope this will speed movement along these two great axis of our beautiful Spain. Also, we are hoping infrastructure improvements in cities with recruiting centers will raise our conscript points per month. It is our (royal) fondest hope that the Spanish people can live in peace, but we must be prepared for any eventualities. The burdens of being King was something my beloved father warned me of, and it ages me daily but I love my subjects too much to lay it aside.

The British, in their misguided hostility to our beautiful Spain, have declared war. I had assumed my fleets would be locked in port from his blockade but his fleet seems to have sailed away. I am unsure what he is doing but it will undoubtedly not be in the best interest of his subjects. We have combined my fleets in Cuba for a strike at the British Caribbean. These poor souls, abused by their English overlords will be welcomed into our country and our heart.

A dastardly attack by the English on Mellila in Morocco has cost us dearly, with several cows refusing to give milk after the English attack. Our opponents lost 7200 men, but the wounded are being cared for at my expense and the dead were buried with all honors as gallant foemen.

That is all I, the King of Spain, have for you gentle souls reading this missive.
Good day.

Carlos, King of Spain

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:54 am

vicberg wrote:Impatience is my virtue. If you're bored, there's an AAR (multiple) going under EAW for the Ultimate Mod. After that shameless plug, I don't have much else to say.

EAW?

Appreciate WON forum details please.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:01 am

To End All Wars - AGEOD Game

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:09 am

May 1st, 1805

Northern Europe

In the name of peace, my offensive, I mean by defensive expansion into Hannover has met no opposition. Now it's a matter of waiting for EP in order to Annex Hannover and using RGD Cards to improve loyalty in Oldenburg. We have a bit of a standoff between Prussia and France in this area. I was going to move into Brunswick, but I have no need to mix it up with the Prussians. I have 2 Corp in this area.

[ATTACH]36655[/ATTACH]

Central Europe
It's just not my fault all over the place. A Cassus Belli suddenly appeared and I had to follow through and DOW Austria. I have no idea where the Cassus Belli came from. Honest. I just *may* have clicked the Forge Cassus Belli the turn before, but I have no recollection of that. None at all. So the 3 Corp and Nappy will start the move into Austria. The Pressburg Peace doesn't fire until October. That's a long, long time away. I may change that based on our groups approval since it's built for an August start. We'll see. Regardless, I'll be in Austria for a while. Saxony declared war on me. Not my fault.

[ATTACH]36656[/ATTACH]

Southern Europe
Army of Italy with 2 Corp and Massena will be moving into Austria. Another Corp is moving down to Sicily since the Kingdom of Sicily declared war on me. See? I'm the good guy. No expansionist, imperialist claims here. Just aggressively defending myself.

[ATTACH]36657[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-01 17_00_45-AGE.png
2016-01-01 17_00_11-AGE.png
2016-01-01 16_59_26-AGE.png

lycortas2
Captain

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:22 am

As your loyal Spanish ally, t.m., I am wondering what it would be like to have that many useful looking stacks.
I had to combine 70% or so of my entire army to make one 600 power stack. Still have 95 hits on my infantry and no replacements.
Woe is Spain. Wish I could just hire foreigners for my army, I have like 4000 space bucks in the bank and nothing to spend it on. Sad really.

Hope your campaign goes well, we are with you in spirit.

The most glorious king of Spain

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:40 am

France starts crazy strong. They need it though. The entire french coast may be invaded. Prussia/Austria/Russia will most likely be at war. From North Sea down to Med will need to be attacked/defended. The Brits can show up anywhere and just did in Venice.

I didn't know Spain was this weak. Prussia can get 1600 and 1000 stacks. Not comparable to French but at least decent.

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:45 am

vicberg wrote:To End All Wars - AGEOD Game

Thanks for prompt reply.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 pm

I had to combine 70% or so of my entire army to make one 600 power stack. Still have 95 hits on my infantry and no replacements. Woe is Spain. Wish I could just hire foreigners for my army, I have like 4000 space bucks in the bank and nothing to spend it on. Sad really.

Maybe not such a great army by European standards but perhaps impressive in a little colonial venture against Morroco and/or Algeria? Chance to gain some territory and earn some experience. Although if your forces get cut off in North Africa, maybe not such a good idea. Also I doubt if mainland Spain is in any sort of real danger from England. Even if England were to make a successful move, France would not allow Spain to fall.

Have you used your regional decisions for draft and volunteers? I will have to doublecheck but I think I was able to build up a reasonably sized Spanish army fairly quickly after buying tons of replacements to fill out existing formations. I also built a couple of depots to allow some of the snow isolated corps to receive replacements in place. Although I haven't built any new units, simply filling out existing formations. Need to build some specialty units and light cavalry.

Spain definitely looks like an interesting country to play.

Cfant
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Poor Austria. Even less prepared than in RL, I guess :(

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:42 am

Has Spain grouped up to take back the Rock yet?

With 600CP and some seige cannons you should have no problem in taking it back and then at least the British player has to decide to reinforce the area and you can melt back into Spain or you get an important port and make the Med a lake for your side.

lycortas2
Captain

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:37 pm

What are these 'siege cannon' you speak of? I think you must be speaking some foreign language as the King of Spain does not know what those are.

Seriously, I don't start with any and I at the moment have no war supplies and no manpower. We are sieging, and I used the 'siege works' card and the 'breach card' .... and they both worked!
But nothing has happened yet. My fleet is attacking this turn.... If I win it was a well planned attack, if I lose the attack was just being made to test the combat engine!

'How many assholes do I have on this ship?' 'I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!' 'Keep firing assholes!' -attributed to the captain of the Santisima Trinidad.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:10 am

LOL!

What will be the plan after the Rock? Get more recruits and then hit Portugal?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:31 am

That would be too easy and too long to take. The French will be helping the Spanish conquer Portugal.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:37 am

June 1085

Italy
The Austrians in Italy always give me problems, at least against the AI, but not today. Massena and Molitor smashed Karl and the British Malta Brigades in Vincenza. I love that name. Vincenza.

And here's days tally

[ATTACH]36786[/ATTACH]

And the situation now in Italy. Mr. Karl (shouldn't that be a first name?) is trapped behind Duhesme (pronounce that 3 times quickly) who took Trevisa (another great name) and Molitor and Massena hot on his tail. He might make a run on Padova, but I'm guessing he'll try to punch through Trevisa.

[ATTACH]36787[/ATTACH]

And in Austria Proper, waiting on Salzburg and some military control to get supplies down into Wien. Can't build depots in Bavaria. Muenchen is a depot and Salzburg. Pretty confident that if I hold out for Salzburg and get MC over the roads into Linz and get Linz (level 4 depot), supply will not be an issue.

[ATTACH]36788[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-05 21_38_02-Greenshot.png
2016-01-05 21_29_07-Greenshot.png
2016-01-05 21_24_37-AGE.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:48 am

And finally the rest of the world. I have 2 corp in Hannover area and 1 north of Wurtemburg. 1 corp is moving towards France. And Davout (in Wurtemburg) will be moving back towards France also. I have the 7th Corp on Paris and full strength. These will be my quick reaction forces in the event of a nasty British invasion or Prussians decide to enter the contest.

[ATTACH]36789[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-05 21_45_24-Greenshot.png

lycortas2
Captain

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:22 pm

From the mouth of the King of Spain and various other divers territories to numerous to mention:

"We have been in contact with our distant cousin, the Ottoman Sultan, and we have discussed the partition of the petty Mussulmen states in North Africa. We will not go into specifics, but it will be an equitable agreement and will drive the odious British sassanach out of the Mediterranean."
"Gibraltar is proving to be a difficult siege as we have caused 2 breaches which had no discernable effect as of yet, but we have confidence in our Glorious army, and it's great leader the 2-1-1 demigod of Spain."

The King of Spain is now resting so let me also mention that a depot and development chain is being built from San Sebastion across northern Spain to the Portugese border. Not that we have designs on Portugal! I am liking how attrition is working in this game, my force in Gibraltar is bleeding a number of hits every turn but i am not losing 25% of the stack a turn or nothing... it seems about right.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:00 am

Middle June, 1805

We have a British Sighting. We've deployed the boats and the harpooners are readying. This is actually, a really really good thing for France. I've already had my division and corp limit increased permanently and as long as he sticks around, France gets money, conscripts and a 30% chance for a new corp. So I'm not in a rush. Augreau is on Paris with a full corp. Bernadotte is 2 weeks away. Davout is positioning his corp just in case I don't blow through the British. I have more than I need in Austria. Ney and Lannes will be the main forces. Soult is moving towards Prussia. Nappy will stay in Austria and then move when the action heats up elsewhere. Nappy moves quite fast.

[ATTACH]36827[/ATTACH]

And we had a not-so-Trafalgar Trafalgar. French and Spanish combined fleets off Gibraltar put up a futile, err, valiant defense against the Nelson menace, yelling 'assholes' all the way back to port.

[ATTACH]36828[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-06 19_02_20-Greenshot.png
2016-01-06 18_53_59-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 am

Letter from Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte to Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord:

You are hereby instructed to use the 3 following words, and only these words, in this order, when conducting any diplomacy with any state other then Spain.

France Declares War

Napoleon Bonaparte

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Later June, 1805

It's raining Recoats. We are trying to pick them up, but it's poring right now. The 7th Corp is in Paris and will hopefully boot out the small Brit force in Paris before York arrives. The 1st Corp will start targeting these small Brit raiding forces and I'm bring Davout over to help whack some moles. York may be a problem. 900 CBT force.

[ATTACH]36862[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-07 15_30_44-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:36 pm

In Austria, Ney and Lannes will be on top of Wein this next turn. I'm not going to outright assault as he may have some entrenched forces lurking around or behind the forts. Nappy will support them.

[ATTACH]36863[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-07 15_29_56-Greenshot.png

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:39 pm

And in the South, Karl has suddenly become a 4-5-5 leader. Not sure how since he is usually a 3-2-2. He did get behind the forts and I paid the price. So I'm going to pull off Venice, since I can't blockade it and hold right here until my forces can replace.

First attack was a French victory against the British

[ATTACH]36864[/ATTACH]

Followed by a French defeat.

[ATTACH]36865[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2016-01-07 15_28_31-Greenshot.png
2016-01-07 15_27_33-AGE.png

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:44 am

Hmm, I assume he must of received it by event. What are Massena's stats?

That portait of Karl is a bit freaky, with those eyes he looks a bit alien was he assimilated by the Borg perhaps?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:47 am

He looks like he's have a perpetual bad hair day. Talk about comb-over. Massena is a 3-5-5. When leadership is somewhat equal, the French aren't as awesome. I have numbers once my troops replace a few losses.

lycortas2
Captain

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:00 am

In game terms Karl has a commanding officer, his brother Francis. Francis passed his leadership checks that turn and passed the bonuses on down the chain.

Return to “WON AARs”