debtmars
Private

Stong Morale Special Ability

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:07 pm

Some leaders have the Special Ability "Strong Morale" for a +5 Cohesion bonus. I noticed when units upgrade to "Veteran" some have the same SA. When both a leader and a unit have the same SA, does the unit gain the morale bonus, plus the bonus from the leader, for a total bonus of 10?

Stratman
Captain

Re: Stong Morale Special Ability

Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:53 pm

debtmars wrote:Some leaders have the Special Ability "Strong Morale" for a +5 Cohesion bonus. I noticed when units upgrade to "Veteran" some have the same SA. When both a leader and a unit have the same SA, does the unit gain the morale bonus, plus the bonus from the leader, for a total bonus of 10?

No. Still 5.
The same special abilities inside the stack do not have cumulative properties.

debtmars
Private

Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:52 pm

Thank you for your reply. Then, adding a Leader with the Srong Morale bonus does not help any unit in the stack if there are Veterans already in the stack, because the SA applies to all units of the stack. Thanks for your help.

Bohémond

Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:44 am

Hi,

For clarification, Strong Morale SA appliance level is unit.
Unit level Appliance is an ability which is working within the unit of the sub-unit.
The +5 Cohesion bonus will be applied to the unit that has the element (sub unit) with the SA.
Bonus will not be applied to the entire stack.
Leaders with Strong Morale SA will have to be embedded in a unit for the bonus to be applied to this specific unit.

More information at https://www.leqg.org/doc/age/www.ageod.net/agewiki/Abilities.html

Regards

debtmars
Private

Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:16 am

My apology. I'm not certain of some terminology used in your post. So, to clarify, if a brigade (which is one of several brigades within a divsion) has an element with the Strong Morale SA, only that element of the brigade will benefit from the +5 Cohesion bonus from the SA, not all elements of the brigade, nor all elements of the division. If a leader has the Strong Morale SA, then he will provide a +5 Cohesion bonus to all elements of the unit that he commands, correct (in this case all the elements of the various brigades of the division)?

The game text in the pop-up is very confusing. Thank you for the clarification. I clicked on the link in the post above, but didn't get much of an understanding of the discussion.

deguerra
Major

Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:39 pm

Hi debtmars,

If I may pre-empt Bohemond, who I am sure can confirm one way or another:

Unit level in this case means the division, so long as there is a division. I think for game purposes, the game doesn't really differentiate between brigades once they are in a division. So the sub-unit (the regiment or leader with the bonus) applies its bonus to the unit (division if it is in one, brigade if it is not)

What Bohemond means to clarify is that in this constellation the bonus is not applied to the whole stack (Army, Corps, independent stack - whatever your stack is in a given example). However, a leader with the bonus who is in command of the whole stack (the army commander, corps commander, or highest ranking general in an independent stack) will give the bonus to the whole stack.

Do I have that right Bohemond?

Best regards,
-deguerra

Bohémond

Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:34 pm

AGE engine is container based. ( 4 levels = Element, Unit, Combined Unit, Group)

A element (in game sub unit) is included in a unit.
A unit can be named band, bataillon, regiment, brigade, division or whatever as long as is defined as unit in GameData/Units . It can be confusing as ingame name for this container level may vary.
A unit can be included in combined unit (Division, brigade or whatever) or in a stack
A combined unit can be included in a Group

Strong Moral appliance level is a unit. An element with Strong Morale SA will provide a bonus to its unit. Not to the stack.
This element can be either a leader, a fighting element or a support element, it does not matter.

I would like to attach some ingame screenshot to help but it is not allowed in this forum section.

Otherl SA appliance levels are Leader, Group of Self. https://www.leqg.org/doc/age/www.ageod.net/agewiki/Abilities.html

Hope it helps

Stratman
Captain

Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:24 am

Hi all!
Thanks to the game experts for such a complete answer!

debtmars wrote: I'm not certain of some terminology used in your post. So, to clarify, if a brigade (which is one of several brigades within a divsion) has an element with the Strong Morale SA, only that element of the brigade will benefit from the +5 Cohesion bonus from the SA, not all elements of the brigade, nor all elements of the division..

No. All elements in this division (brigade) will get this +5 Cohesion bonus (just 5, not 10 and more). Bеcause as we see in a pop-up text "This ability applies to all elements of the unit that this element is in". It doesn`t matter how many elements in this division (brigade) have this Strong Morale SA.
Also none of the other divisions (brigades) in this stack will receive this bonus if they don't have an element with similar bonus.
If a leader has the Strong Morale SA he will provide this bonus only for unit (division /brigade) in which he is included, not to the whole stack because again "This ability applies to all elements of the unit that this element is in".

Happy gaming!

debtmars
Private

Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:22 pm

Thanks to everyone for your assistance with this question. I understand. Merci'!

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”