Lovethelord
Conscript

Some newcomer questions for grand campaign

Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:49 pm

Ive slaughtered about 200k Austrians and have taken Vienna. They are suing for peace. Should I accept the offer? They are giving me some money for 3 years.

I was hoping of completely assimilating them into my empire. Is this possible?

I'm buildings depots every 3 regions. So far my men are ok. But do depots have levels? Or is one per region enough?

I want to take on Prussia next after Austria. But winter is here. How can I make sure winter doesn't kill me? Is it simply keeping my men in cities? Or is there more things you have to do during winter months?

Do you have advice on this campaign? Should I take out Portugal next? I've also noticed I'm running low on money. How can I pump up my money? Thanks!

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Re: Some newcomer questions for grand campaign

Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:26 am

The game is brilliantly designed to dive into the details of the period when major powers would battle each other and then sign favorable treaties where border territories were annexed as a reward for winning. If you attempt to play using more of a Hitler 3rd Reich approach, or perhaps that of an experienced Risk player, where you do not sign a peace and attempt to occupy the nation, you will see the frequently cited problem of moving artillery (you have limited the country's production to the cheapest unit), and eventually you will see something similar to a war weariness when moral points are charged each turn. You can hold the capital for a while and gain some warscore, to improve your treaty conditions, but occupying and annexing the entire nation is not feasible.

Having supply during winter, hunkering down, and inside structures where possible, and if your forces are not in jeopardy, putting into a passive mode will reduce losses during winter months.

After beating Prussia, you can choose to go to Portugal, but the traditional path would take you into the boot of Italy.

Offworlder
General

Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:07 am

Lovethelord wrote:Ive slaughtered about 200k Austrians and have taken Vienna. They are suing for peace. Should I accept the offer? They are giving me some money for 3 years.

Better wait for the peace event as that will give you land and substantial money. Usually it fires in October or so

I was hoping of completely assimilating them into my empire. Is this possible?

No. It would take repeated wars to do so and you wouldn't gain much.

I'm buildings depots every 3 regions. So far my men are ok. But do depots have levels? Or is one per region enough?

Its a very good approach. Depends on the region and its size

I want to take on Prussia next after Austria. But winter is here. How can I make sure winter doesn't kill me? Is it simply keeping my men in cities? Or is there more things you have to do during winter months?

By waiting for spring like everyone did. BTW it will give you chance to recover your losses and recruit new formations. Also better wait so that you can activate the Confederation of the Rhine event which will give you some forces

Do you have advice on this campaign? Should I take out Portugal next? I've also noticed I'm running low on money. How can I pump up my money? Thanks!

Better stick to Nap's timetable. When you're happily pummelling the Prussians, you will be given the option to invade Portugal and start the whole Iberian adventure.

Hope that helps.

debtmars
Private

Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:35 am

I like the advice given here, but how do you get the Rhine Conderation to ally with France? I can barely get it to 50 and I'm in December 1806.

debtmars
Private

Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:30 am

Good news! I just got to January 1, 1807 and the Rhine Confederacy automatically allied with France. Ironically, I've wasted a lot of Diplomat Points trying to build relations with the Rhine Confederacy. LOL

Offworlder
General

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm

The RHC gives you both soldiers and provides friendly territory. Its a step by step approach. Eventually you'll get a decision to 'activate' the RHC military.

debtmars
Private

Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”