Marmadukethe1st
Conscript

One Heck of a Game

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:43 am

We have made it through 1805 with a seven player game and all I can say is WOW!

This game may have some bugs and some serious ones at that but I could not imagine creating a college course in Napoleonic history, geography, military operations and the diplomatic tensions all rolled into a game while maintaining historical balance of power without encountering a hiccup.

The one week turns are near perfect, the portraits of the leaders gets you attached to the historical person and the feel of the game is all there. (I think the French fleet is a bit weak but that is minor).

I have played War and Peace, Empires in Arms, Crown of Glory and many tactical battles but this game ---> This game is a beast in that it pulls you in and you relive history.

Thank you for this gift

My 2 cents anyway

Stratman
Captain

Re: One Heck of a Game

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:04 pm

I can't resist adding my 5 kopecks to this. :)

WON (like PON and RUS) are my most favorite games!
I have been playing strategy games for decades, but I could not imagine earlier that computer games can be so much exciting and fun.

My respect to the developers :hat:

Marmadukethe1st
Conscript

Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:58 am

Stratman,

I have been playing the board games since I was a kid and my very first was Waterloo by Avalon Hill.

What technology has done for the world of gaming is really cool.

It is obvious the developers did an incredible amount of research to make this as historically accurate as possible while maintaining enough elbow room for each player to be interested.

These guys are genius at game design

We are trying to resolve the Napoli bug right now and our on board code and tech guy believes he may have a solution even in the middle of the game.

Stratman
Captain

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:01 pm

I haven't played board games so much.
I meant that Athena`s engine strategies for me turned out to be better than other computer strategies. So I became AGEod fan this way.

Marmadukethe1st wrote:We are trying to resolve the Napoli bug right now and our on board code and tech guy believes he may have a solution even in the middle of the game.

Cool! Keep us informed, please.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”