Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Regional Decision Cards

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:53 am

I suspect that I have been overthinking the Regional Decision Cards. I hope someone can tell me if the results of these random decision cards are at all modified by any of the circumstances below:

- Size/Development: You need to place a decision to recruit volunteers. Would you have a greater chance of success or perhaps recruit more volunteers in a region such as Nancy (9) versus Verdun (5)?

- Geographical affinities: You intend to use the seize horses decision. France is known to have small poor cavalry mounts and the Grand Armee didn't see good horses until the conquest of other lands. Would there be a better chance of succeeding or getting more horses in Belgium where horses are more plentiful and stronger than say in the south of France.

- Repetition: Drafting in a region would likely not be as effective if done repetitively in the same area. Does the system keep track? If you drafted conscripts in an area such as Orleans, and then repeat in Orleans the next turn, does the chance of success or number of recruits go down?

- Proximity of enemy. - It stands to reason that using the runner card in a spot such as Marseille would have a greater chance of success than off of Boulogne which has a sea zone next to an English fleet. Is this taken into consideration or do all runner decisions have the same chance for success.

The reason I am asking this is to see if it really is not much use to plan where to play most cards or if they are all have the same random chances to succeed.

Bohémond

Re: Regional Decision Cards

Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:00 am

Colonel Marbot wrote:I suspect that I have been overthinking the Regional Decision Cards. I hope someone can tell me if the results of these random decision cards are at all modified by any of the circumstances below:

- Size/Development: You need to place a decision to recruit volunteers. Would you have a greater chance of success or perhaps recruit more volunteers in a region such as Nancy (9) versus Verdun (5)?

- Geographical affinities: You intend to use the seize horses decision. France is known to have small poor cavalry mounts and the Grand Armee didn't see good horses until the conquest of other lands. Would there be a better chance of succeeding or getting more horses in Belgium where horses are more plentiful and stronger than say in the south of France.

- Repetition: Drafting in a region would likely not be as effective if done repetitively in the same area. Does the system keep track? If you drafted conscripts in an area such as Orleans, and then repeat in Orleans the next turn, does the chance of success or number of recruits go down?

- Proximity of enemy. - It stands to reason that using the runner card in a spot such as Marseille would have a greater chance of success than off of Boulogne which has a sea zone next to an English fleet. Is this taken into consideration or do all runner decisions have the same chance for success.

The reason I am asking this is to see if it really is not much use to plan where to play most cards or if they are all have the same random chances to succeed.

Size/Development : No impact
Geographical affinities : No impact
Repetition : No impact
Proximity of enemy : No impact

As long as Decisions conditions, you can see them by hovering your mouse over the RGD card, are met no others parameters will impact the decision chance.

You can find the detailed information in the game DB files.

Regards

Offworlder
General

Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:47 pm

As Bohemond said. A good strategy I found useful is to have drafts etc taken from cities which you intend to better by the use of the RGD Develop Territory. While you lose political support by using the various draft cards, its very easy to recover it by repeated use of the Develop Territory, while at the same time improving the territory. It seems that improving the territory you also gain more supplies.

In fact as France, I tend to concentrate the use of these RDGs first on the cities along the Rhine. Once the intervention in Spain takes place, these are shifted to southern France.

Morgan
Corporal

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:57 am

Repetition: This would have an effect on the Draft RGD in the sense that you can't draft in an area with a loyalty under 50, and this RGD lowers loyalty in a region by 20. However, as others said, the number of conscripts is fixed at 300 every time you use it.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”