Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Editing in miniatures battle results

Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi: I have a friend who has been into Napoleonic Miniatures for years. It would be helpful if he and his friends could run their campaigns on WON, but fight their battles in miniature and then edit the units based on their battle results back into WON.

Can anybody answer if this is possible and how to find thee appropriate information in strength and cohesion to edit?

Stratman
Captain

Re: Editing in miniatures battle results

Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:39 pm

Colonel Marbot wrote:Hi: I have a friend who has been into Napoleonic Miniatures for years. It would be helpful if he and his friends could run their campaigns on WON, but fight their battles in miniature and then edit the units based on their battle results back into WON.

Can anybody answer if this is possible and how to find thee appropriate information in strength and cohesion to edit?

Hi!
It is possible, but it is not so easy to understand.
In the .hst file (Wars of Napoleon\NGC\Saves\"Name_of_your_game") you need to find the desired unit and change its stats as you wish.
The most difficult thing is to understand which line in this file corresponds to which stat.
This way I made unfixed some units in my game. Perhaps the WIKI gives more information about lines in the .hst file.

Sorry for my English :)

Durk

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:51 pm

Indeed, what Stratman is saying is, yes they can do it, but it would be a lot of work. You would need to chase down each unit and edit it to match the table top play. So hours.
Probably more practicably, just run the game battle and play the miniature battle. The results will usually be close enough.

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:14 pm

Gentlemen: I appreciate the feedback. Thankyou @stratman and @durk.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”