Marmadukethe1st
Conscript

Entire army gets transported to another universe

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Gentleman,

We are playing a seven player game and it is summer of 1805. The British had an army in Southern Italy and a fleet at Taranto. The French had taken the cities to activate the satellite option for creating Naples.

Once the French player activated the option, the British fleet at Taranto was displaced one sea zone but the entire British contingent disappeared like they had been beamed aboard the starship Enterprise - *POOF*.

All right all of you game gurus and masters of Athena - what is the skinny?

Marmaduke
Last edited by Marmadukethe1st on Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offworlder
General

Re: Entire army gets transported to another universe

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:06 pm

That's strange. I believe that they should have been displaced to the nearest friendly territory...but that would be either Malta or Gibraltar I guess. So unless they can be found there, my second guess would be that if there wasn't sufficient transport ability, they were destroyed for being unable to evacuate.

Having said that, when activating the Naples option, the Bourbon army should actually get sent to Messina, but only the garrisons seem to be sent there. The field army remains in play on the mainland until destroyed or evacuated by the player (the AI just leaves it in place...). No other nationality is mentioned in the event as far as I can remember so maybe they got eliminated.

Sorry but I couldn't give you a straight answer...

Nikel

Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:20 pm

You may always post a save.

Marmadukethe1st
Conscript

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:26 pm

Offworlder wrote:That's strange. I believe that they should have been displaced to the nearest friendly territory...but that would be either Malta or Gibraltar I guess. So unless they can be found there, my second guess would be that if there wasn't sufficient transport ability, they were destroyed for being unable to evacuate.

Having said that, when activating the Naples option, the Bourbon army should actually get sent to Messina, but only the garrisons seem to be sent there. The field army remains in play on the mainland until destroyed or evacuated by the player (the AI just leaves it in place...). No other nationality is mentioned in the event as far as I can remember so maybe they got eliminated.

The Sicilian army is still intact and the British army was untouched in battle. I thought they should be displaced as well.

We are going to work around it but I thought it a question worth asking.

I have tried the lease option for satellite stacks/units but it never seems to work. I have tried clicking the option on the stack and sending the diplomatic protocol but it never seems to happen. Fill me in please?

Offworlder
General

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:18 pm

Marmadukethe1st wrote:
Offworlder wrote:That's strange. I believe that they should have been displaced to the nearest friendly territory...but that would be either Malta or Gibraltar I guess. So unless they can be found there, my second guess would be that if there wasn't sufficient transport ability, they were destroyed for being unable to evacuate.

The Sicilian army is still intact and the British army was untouched in battle. I thought they should be displaced as well.

We are going to work around it but I thought it a question worth asking.

I have tried the lease option for satellite stacks/units but it never seems to work. I have tried clicking the option on the stack and sending the diplomatic protocol but it never seems to happen. Fill me in please?

Do you mean that your are controlling both sides? If so, with the brits request an expeditionary force and then next turn go to the NDS, accept the request and 'mark' the army you want to be sent to the Brits.

So basically the British force totally vanished and was not displaced even in some weird place?

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”