Offworlder
General

French Spain - how should it work?

Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Just got to the point where I forced Spain to 'liberate' French Spain in a peace treaty. However I'm a bit perplexed on how it should work. I remember that it created units and so forth but exactly how it should do it, I forgot.

So....

Does it actually acquire territory in a peace treaty? (I seem to remember that it got Madrid and that's it but I could be mistaken)

Does it expand its territory (or can it)?

Can it generate units if it doesn't have territory?

Who can command these units? (beyond those listed as having a multinational trait and Suchet who can command Spanish troops, are there any other general who can come in handy?)

Thanks in advance and happy NY!

Offworlder
General

Re: French Spain - how should it work?

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:51 pm

BTW is there a way to 'force' an event which has not fired, specifically the ones relative to the British landing in Portugal and the appearance of German generals for minor states?

Thanks!

Bohémond

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:17 pm

Offworlder wrote:BTW is there a way to 'force' an event which has not fired, specifically the ones relative to the British landing in Portugal and the appearance of German generals for minor states?

Thanks!

You can open the console, by pressing the ˜ on your QWERTY keyboard, then type ?
A list of available commands will be displayed.
You will see the ForceEvent one.
You can use it if you know the exact name of the event.

Regards

Offworlder
General

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks again!

So something like "evt_nam_GBR_BritishLanding1808" (without evt_nam_ right?)

Bohémond

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 pm

''evt_nam_GBR_BritishLanding1808'' will be right words to enter

Regards

Offworlder
General

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 pm

thanks!

Durk

Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:01 am

Bohemond - this is amazing and very nice to know. Force events might be a very nice tool when the game turn just does not fire quite right.
Thanks

Offworlder
General

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Indeed. There is all sorts of great stuff not used in the game, such as French aid to Italy, death of Villeneuve, etc.

Also, in the case of certain factions which have near impossible demands for reforming their armies like Prussia, can be reformed nonetheless.

Indeed using this command there was only one set of events which I couldn't utilise, that for new generals for German and Muslim minor countries which never worked, possibly because they were labeled CMN...

Offworlder
General

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:49 am

Now I'm turning my attention to the Spanish Peninsula. I'm looking at the events associated with it and am a bit confused on these three (found in the SPA Spanish Ulcer Event folder)-

evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_A_Peace - am I right in thinking that this essentially allows the creation of the FSP if one makes peace with SPA?

evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_A_War - am I right in thinking that this means that FSP can go to war once again, once it is established?

evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_Conquest - this is a bit tricky. What I understood was that you'll be granted some VPs and essentially double the recruitment pool of FSP. But does it somehow change ownership of the said cities (ie from SPA or FRA to FSP - it doesn't seem to be the case)?

I'm asking coz I'm in two minds about creating an event similar to the creation of Westphalia whereby FSP can be created once Madrid and Toledo are conquered, giving FSP both these cities and intervening territories - sort of to recreate the small portion of Spain that was controlled to some effect by Joseph himself (the rest essentially became sort of fiefs of whichever Marshal was campaigning at that time in the region). However, I would refrain from doing so if the 'evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_Conquest' actually meant a transfer of land, which doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully then I'll try to add an Irish Brigade, a guard cavalry regiment and one or two generals for the FSP army like Jean de Kindelan to their roster (are there any other such generals of relevance for the FSP? Nothing much is available in English on such persons).

Bohémond

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:08 am

My comments in blue

Offworlder wrote:Now I'm turning my attention to the Spanish Peninsula. I'm looking at the events associated with it and am a bit confused on these three (found in the SPA Spanish Ulcer Event folder)-

evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_A_Peace - am I right in thinking that this essentially allows the creation of the FSP if one makes peace with SPA?
Correct

evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_A_War - am I right in thinking that this means that FSP can go to war once again, once it is established?
No. It allows the creation of FSP is DosdeMayo event has already fire and SPA is at War.
evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_Conquest - this is a bit tricky. What I understood was that you'll be granted some VPs and essentially double the recruitment pool of FSP. But does it somehow change ownership of the said cities (ie from SPA or FRA to FSP - it doesn't seem to be the case)?
Listes Regions are already under FRA or its allies control. So no ownership transfer to FSP

I'm asking coz I'm in two minds about creating an event similar to the creation of Westphalia whereby FSP can be created once Madrid and Toledo are conquered, giving FSP both these cities and intervening territories - sort of to recreate the small portion of Spain that was controlled to some effect by Joseph himself (the rest essentially became sort of fiefs of whichever Marshal was campaigning at that time in the region). However, I would refrain from doing so if the 'evt_nam_FRA_FrenchSpain_Conquest' actually meant a transfer of land, which doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully then I'll try to add an Irish Brigade, a guard cavalry regiment and one or two generals for the FSP army like Jean de Kindelan to their roster (are there any other such generals of relevance for the FSP? Nothing much is available in English on such persons).

Offworlder
General

Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the process of writing an FSP event based on the WES and NAP creation event to give it some territory, a sort of heartland to base its power (essentially Madrid+Toledo and intervening territories).

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”