Don Powell
Sergeant

In-Game Console Support?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 am

Hi,

Does this game support the "~" driven console to work with database items like PON?

i.e. can you use the DiploAdd function etc in game ?

I found that really helped to deal with some balance / behavior issues and made PON a lot more enjoyable.

Captain_Orso

Re: In-Game Console Support?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 am

I don't have WON installed at the moment (needed extra disk space quickly :p ). Just start the game and load any scenario, and open the console. If the command is there, you can use it.

Don Powell
Sergeant

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Well - that helps in saying there is a console. thanks

I don't own the game yet but am seriously considering buying it.

My reference to PON was that the simple console commands that allowed some in-game tweaks to politics etc made that game a lot more fun - in cases where the logic of what was happening didn't make sense.

So - I was wondering if this type of Console was common to AGEOD games and if WON in particular, had the same capabilities as PON ?

Captain_Orso

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm

I honestly don't know, and as I said, I don't have the game installed at the moment.

I do know an absolute solution though. You can always add your own one-time events to manipulate any values you wish. Simply edit one of the script files (making a backup of the original is ofc your own responsibility) to add an event set to a specific date, which will absolutely fire.

The only drawback is that events are always evaluated a turn in advance now, and their results are already implemented for day 1 of the coming turn. If the console would allow for changing some political values, they would be active at execution of the turn which you are currently plotting. The on-time event would first be evaluated at the end of the turn and it's effects set to be put into place at the beginning of the next turn.

The advantage would be that there is nothing which you could not manipulate.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”