allan_boa
Colonel

Objective cities [F9]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi, two questions as I'm afraid the manual isn't very clear on the topic:
When pressing F9:
1) So Moscow is not an objective city for Napoleon ??
2) In the upper right there's a switch apparently between French objectives and someone else. Who's the "someone else" ? There are at least 5 major countries playing in the game (FR, RU, ENG, AUT, PRU) so why the switch just has 2 positions ?

Thanks

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Objective cities [F9]

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:05 pm

1) Objectives can change
2) Basically there are only two sides, Alliance and Coalition. The fact that there are multiple nations that can switch sides or don't need to take sides at all and still win by VP is a flaw in design, imho. You have an engine that comes from 1 vs 1 and tries to overcome this limit. Yet, doesn't go all the way. Hence the confusion, not only in this case.

Stratman
Captain

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Citizen X wrote: Hence the confusion, not only in this case.

Objective cities List [F9] is not so comfortable feature to use. Often it's not a complete list and seems like limited by size of the table :cuit:
I just learning a map, overview all cities with stars (golden & silver) and pops up tooltips inform me enough.

allan_boa
Colonel

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 am

Citizen X wrote:1) Objectives can change
2) Basically there are only two sides, Alliance and Coalition. The fact that there are multiple nations that can switch sides or don't need to take sides at all and still win by VP is a flaw in design, imho. You have an engine that comes from 1 vs 1 and tries to overcome this limit. Yet, doesn't go all the way. Hence the confusion, not only in this case.

OK clear. Thanks !

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”