allan_boa
Colonel

un-merging two armies

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi, I guess this is a question that applies to all AGEOD games ...
I wanted to see if I can merge Murat's corps with Napo's La Grande Armee and of course, the provided command points were not enough for both. My question "how can I un-merge the two armies ? Because I'm not sure exactly which card was originally with Murat and which one with Napo ?
The only solution I found is to reload the latest save, which is far from a good solution. I'm afraid there's no solution and that's it's a flaw of the game but would be happy to read your thoughts about this, just in case.

Thanks.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: un-merging two armies

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Afaik there is no convenient way.
But then again I mostly don't keep the original setup anyways, because from a powergaming point of view it rarely meets the optimum.
So I might just not have stumbled over it yet.

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Citizen X wrote:Afaik there is no convenient way.
But then again I mostly don't keep the original setup anyways, because from a powergaming point of view it rarely meets the optimum.
So I might just not have stumbled over it yet.

So does it means that you will mix Murat's army cards with Napo's so that you can achieve an optimum in terms of Command provided / command required ?

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:42 pm

and composition of troops

allan_boa
Colonel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 pm

OK sounds good to me. Was afraid to lose something by mixing original cards ... So i will not hesitate to recompose armies to reach optimal armies. I might lose some historical setup but that's OK for me :-) Efficiency first ! :pouet:

Captain_Orso

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:35 pm

If you haven't saved your turn-plans yet, and you don't mind losing the plans you have already made, simply reload the save you just loaded, and everything will be back to the way it was before you merged the two stacks.

allan_boa
Colonel

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:If you haven't saved your turn-plans yet, and you don't mind losing the plans you have already made, simply reload the save you just loaded, and everything will be back to the way it was before you merged the two stacks.

There definitely should be an "undo" button. Same when embarking units in a fleet ... it's hard to undo it in case you change your mind.
The quit+reload seems the best solution but with the risk of losing plans. One solution is to save after each action (and before any merging)... by chance, the saves are instantaneous, at least something :-)

Searry
Colonel

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Control+left click the ones you want out and drag them out of the army. If you want corp structure back, click the corp button.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”