Durk

Confusing Swedish Happening

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 am

I am still very new in getting to the later play of WoN. An event arose about which I would love some feedback and thoughts. France invaded Sweden who was my ally as Russia. France took Stockholm and later made peace with Sweden taking a few regions near Denmark.

After the peace, the Swedish units which Russia controlled remained in Russia's control as if they were Russian units. New Swedish units are merely allied, and not movable by Russia.

So a couple of questions:
1. Is this what ought to happen? Should the Swedish units reverted to Swedish control?
2. Are these rouge Swedish units, including all of its navy, escaped from a Swedish control?

I am ok with what has happened. Just curious is other have some thoughts.

Offworlder
General

Re: Confusing Swedish Happening

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:34 am

I had something similar happening with the Spanish. As France, one can actually take over the Spanish Fleet when allied at the beginning of the game. However, even when France turns upon the Spanish, the Spanish fleet that was taken over by the French, remains in French possession. It gradually withered away through combat and attrition as I was not able to build replacements as the appropriate reinforcement screen vanished, but the biggest issue in reality is that in that way, I just took away all the naval leadership of Spain (or the bulk of it).

Thing is that the decision regarding expeditionary forces/fleets seems to be totally independent of the international situation. These decisions are permanent and therefore such forces acquired in this way are permanent too. It seems that the only way to reverse it is if such a diplomatic decision is actually cancelled before a year runs out. I've actually seen the AI itself cancelling such decisions (mostly Russia).

Captain_Orso

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:21 am

Lend-Lease stacks are per treaty, and AFAIK and would expect, the treaty recipient will control those units for as long as the treaty is in affect.

Were you able to control Swedish units prior to Sweden surrendering?

Offworlder
General

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Lend-Lease stacks are per treaty, and AFAIK and would expect, the treaty recipient will control those units for as long as the treaty is in affect.

Were you able to control Swedish units prior to Sweden surrendering?

I played the French side most, but expeditionary forces and fleets are permanent additions unless the diplomatic action is undone before a year goes by. As the French in my latest game, I have Italian, Dutch, Neapolitan, Swiss, Berg, Hessian, Westphalian, Bavarian and Franco Spanish troops permanently integrated in the French Army,

Does it work in the same manner for the Coalition?

Durk

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:21 am

In my case, I inherited the Swedish Army and navy due to the French invasion of Sweden, who was Russia's ally. Since the peace treat between France and Sweden, continue to control these troops and can add new troops with the expeditionary forces.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”