ETF
Captain

Stuck on Turn 102 yikes !

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 pm

Ok I must say this is the worst AGEOD game for crashes. I would say I get a crash on turn resolution about 20% of the time. Now it seems no matter what I do can't get past turn 102. Went to the logs.....hope this is the Matrix/Ageod ones. As the Steam version never worked :(

Attached AI log and Main Log. Can anyone suggest any solutions or just shelf this amazing but buggy game. Running a late model I7 rig with a 1070 video card.

Wait where is the attachment button on this forum? Hmmmm

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Re: Stuck on Turn 102 yikes !

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 am

My experience with this game and when I played it on a windows 8 platform. (Windows 10 runs much better for me).

- go back the number of saved games that the system is retaining. (I usually set it to 6, and when I start my next campaign may set it to 9.
- If you get an error, it may not crash, but it is wise to restart the game. I found that errors would eventually turn into a crash.
- Play the game disconnected from the internet and turn off virus protection.
- Shut down unneeded apps and processes to clear as much overhead as you can before starting the game.

Hope these help.

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 am

My experience with this game and when I played it on a windows 8 platform. (Windows 10 runs much better for me).

- go back the number of saved games that the system is retaining. (I usually set it to 6, and when I start my next campaign may set it to 9.
- If you get an error, it may not crash, but it is wise to restart the game. I found that errors would eventually turn into a crash.
- Shut down unneeded apps and processes to clear as much overhead as you can before starting the game.

Hope these help.

Durk

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:25 am

For me the fix is to just not play too many turns in a row. I usually exit the game after two turns if I am hosting pbem or playing solo. That seems to keep the memory (or whatever else might be causing the crash) under control.

ETF
Captain

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Durk wrote:For me the fix is to just not play too many turns in a row. I usually exit the game after two turns if I am hosting pbem or playing solo. That seems to keep the memory (or whatever else might be causing the crash) under control.

Ya I learned that too. This time though I have tried re-loads and re-boots you name. Always crashes. Too bad.

ETF
Captain

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Colonel Marbot wrote:My experience with this game and when I played it on a windows 8 platform. (Windows 10 runs much better for me).

Hope these help.

Ok will try this thank you.

ETF
Captain

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks so much!
Took out the internet Cat 6 cable and went back a turn and works fine. Crash rate must lower I would say maybe one turn out of 15 now :)

All the best.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”