ETF
Captain

Supply and Corp question please....

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:51 pm

1 EDIT - Solved :)

2, What is the rate needed for MC to push supply to the next hex? Is it like ACWII 25%?

3. Trying to ship supply to a harbour in France. To increase the load - place merchant ships in the say NE shipping circle/box should do the trick?

4, How do you vets push supply via Portugal into Spain? Is that difficult? Just build a depot in Spain and it will suck up supply from the nearest Portugal city/depot?

5, Couldn't find a key to remove all the units from the map......pg 119?

Thanks

Captain_Orso

Re: Supply and Corp question please....

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:55 pm

ETF wrote:1 EDIT - Solved :)
:thumbsup:

ETF wrote:2, What is the rate needed for MC to push supply to the next hex? Is it like ACWII 25%?

You require a minimum of 25% MC, but the more the better. Also any unopposed enemy unit in a region, regardless of MC, will block your supplies from moving through that region.

ETF wrote:3. Trying to ship supply to a harbour in France. To increase the load - place merchant ships in the say NE shipping circle/box should do the trick?

I'm not sure exactly how the small Shipping Boxes work with regards to their limitations. Do they pass along supplies from one to another? There's nothing that says they do, so I assume not.

Each states the area which they serve, but there are two which seem to be bass-ackwards. The Northeast Atlantic Trade Box is just off the western tip of France and states "Geographic areas: North Atlantic, North Atlantic", while the one just north of Ireland is the Western Approaches Trade, but the too-tip says "Geographic areas: Channel, North Atlantic", so it appears these two are backwards.

All state, "(only for the side with overall marine superiority)", but I assume outside of war, it doesn't count, and I'm not sure if the "superiority" is only counting ships within the Box itself. I assume so.

So if you have transports/merchantmen in for example the Northeast Atlantic Trade Box, any harbor with an exit-point belonging the the North Atlantic area (see the tool-tip of the exit-point region) will be service by that Box. So then Supplies can be transported between two harbors belonging to the North Atlantic area.

You must of course either control the harbor too. I do not believe you can transport supplies to an allied harbor, although if you have units there, they might pickup supplies, but they ought to be getting there supplies from the ally anyway, so it would be very difficult to tell.

ETF wrote:4, How do you vets push supply via Portugal into Spain? Is that difficult? Just build a depot in Spain and it will suck up supply from the nearest Portugal city/depot?

Control a harbor, put a depot there, have transports in the box, have "marine superiority" if at war with a nation contesting the box.

ETF wrote:5, Couldn't find a key to remove all the units from the map......pg 119?

You mean their display, I assume: <CTRL><F4>. The stack filters are <CTRL><F1> thru <F4>.

ETF wrote:Thanks

Prego

ETF
Captain

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Thank you sir.....

Will add more merchant ships to the appropriate shipping box. Best to use merchant ships or supply ships or doesn't matter?
In Portugal with several divisions just wasn't getting near the suppy I needed. I will try to build a supply depot counter and place in say lisbon. Have several wagons also but still can't feed my boys. :)

Thanks again for all your help.

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:41 pm

The total supply capacity is counted, so what ever ships have the greatest supply capacity will make the greatest difference, per ship. But having a large number of small ships, each with a small capacity should work exactly the same.

ETF
Captain

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Awesome!

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”