ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Viewing in City

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 am

I have noticed a neutral 1star General in my city. I have units etc there - it's my city!
Strange that I can only see his name but not composition of his forces. Is this a bug?

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Re: Viewing in City

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 pm

It is hard to say without knowing the city and the nation he belongs to. If it is a country which it is logical that you will
Ally with, then he may activate and become useful once that nation joins your coalition. Or if you successfully request an expeditionary force from that allied nation, he may be given to you with troops to control.

Captain_Orso

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:26 pm

With regards to allied forces, it's maybe a bug, depending on what was actually intended.

For stacks in the field (outside of the city), if you select one of your stacks, the allied stack will not appear above the Stack Panel as a stack tab, but if you move your own stacks out of the way on the map until you can see the allied stack, you can select it to see what is in it, the same as a stack you own.

For stacks inside a city, it's different, because the mechanism is different. If you have a stack inside the city, the correct number of stacks will be listed (your own, plus the allied), and you can click on the the square next to the city to put your stack into the Stack Panel, but the allied stack will not appear in the stack tabs, the same as with stacks in the field.

Whether this behavior is by design or coincidence, I don't know. Probably the latter.

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 am

Many thanks to you both. Stack is showing the Alliance banner although no alliances have been formed.
Should have checked to see whether I have agreed mutual passage (old age he bleated).

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”