ru_disa
Private

How do I sue for peace?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm in a war with Austria (it's summer of 1806) and I'm winning. I have taken both Vienna and Prague. I have a few questions:

1) The war score is -177 (negative); is this normal?
2) How do I sue for peace on my terms? In the Diplomacy screen, I have tried offering a Peace treaty, asking for reparations and such... but in the next turn I found out that I had offered to *pay* reparations, and not demanded to receive them!
I have received a peace offer from Austria a few turns back, but I have refused it and I wasn't given the option to make a counter-offer.

So, I guess...

3) How do peace treaties work?

Any help you can give me is very much appreciated!

Captain_Orso

Re: How do I sue for peace?

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm

What nation are you playing?

I sounds like Austria is doing far better than you in the war, even if you have captured Vienna and Prague.

Has Austria or her allies captured any of your territory?

ru_disa
Private

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi,
I'm playing as France. I have liberated Italy, I have taken over most of Austria's territory (not Hungary, though) and I have routed pretty much all Austrian armies, which I am now pursuing. Austria is in a coalition with England. There are no English, let alone Austrian, troops in France. I am not losing any territory, that I'm aware of...

Captain_Orso

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:16 pm

I honestly have no idea why your War Score is so miserable and only getting worse.

I was going to suggest skipping the normal Sue for Peace process, and use the Peace of Pressburg, which will give you a much better results anyway, but I think you need a War Score of at least 100 for that to be available. If it is, it's not in the Diplomacy window, but under Government Options, IIRC.

ru_disa
Private

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Ok, so -177 is definitely negative, right? Well, then I have no idea what could possibly be going wrong... It looks to me like I'm doing really well in this war...

ru_disa
Private

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Ok, I kept wiping the floor with the Austrians until they made another peace offer (at this point the war score had passed -200). I have accepted the peace offer and have now another problem:

My troops are now deep in Austrian territory and are completely cut off of my supply lines. All my units are dying off as I try to get them back to friendly territory.
Apparently, I could ferry around supplies through the enemy territory I controlled while we were at war; but, now that we are at peace, I don't have a free-passage treaty and all my troops are stuck in Austria without any chance to get supplied. Currently, it's been two turns and they're dying off worse than if they had the plague.

This is a very inconvenient situation. Is there a way to avoid this?

Captain_Orso

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 pm

What patch level are you on?

IIRC on patch level 1.03, if you settle a so-called 'White Peace' (between two major powers) the winning side at least gets something like 12 or 24 weeks of Access Rights (Passage and Supply Rights combined) so that you can withdraw your forces without lack of supply.

On the other hand, the negative War Score tells me that the White Peace would be tantamount to losing the war, and I don't recall having heard that the 'losing' side of a White Peace gets Access Rights.

The real question is, why were you losing War Score if you captured so much Austrian territory, without Austria havin take any of yours?

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”