sorta
Captain

Need HQ To form Army?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Turkey again. Have an activated 3 star general with no option to create an army. Does he need a HQ unit to do so?

Captain_Orso

Re: Need HQ To form Army?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:51 pm

No. AFAIK since CW2 at the latest, no HQ units are required to create an army in AGEod games. The number of armies which my be created is however limited by scenario parameters. In the 1805 campaigns Turkey starts with the ability to have 1 Army, and 10 Divisions, but no Corps.

There is also an Option (Empire Reform?), which would allow TR to have up to 20 Division, but the number of Armies is not changed, and Corps are still not allowed for TR.

sorta
Captain

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Thanks. So limited to one army - that's good to know.

I do have 1 army and that army has 2 corps so far

Regarding the empire reform it needs Sultan Mustafa IV and I have Salim III. Does Mustafa arrive? Its 1811.

Captain_Orso

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Hmmm.... it appears the script command for setting the maximum Corps and Armies is not working for Corps, so I imagine you will be able to form as many Corps as your Army commander will allow.

Sultan Mustafa IV arrives per the evt_nam_TUR_Mustafa4_Sultan1807 event, found in '..\NGC\Events\GC1805_MonarchEvents.sct', in late May 1807.

You really should learn to do a search for text within a file(s).

sorta
Captain

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks - found the file and searched using your directory (didn't know how the events worked with files) and searched using control F. Unfortunately I don't really understand what I'm looking at. However the Corps/HQ question is answered, thank you.

I still don't understand the conditions to start the big TU event. Seem to need a Sultan called Nazim IV? Is there a way I can find out if he has been along and snuffed it? (I took over the game recently so don't know the history)

Conditions
MinDate = 1807/01/01
EvalEvent = evt_nam_TUR_Mustafa4_Sultan1807;=;1
EvalEvent = evt_nam_TUR_Mahmud2_Sultan1808;=;0
FacModifierExists = $FM_NizamiCedid;NOT
Probability = 50

Thanks for all your help.

Captain_Orso

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:52 pm

sorta wrote:Thanks - found the file and searched using your directory (didn't know how the events worked with files) and searched using control F. Unfortunately I don't really understand what I'm looking at. However the Corps/HQ question is answered, thank you.

I still don't understand the conditions to start the big TU event. Seem to need a Sultan called Nazim IV? Is there a way I can find out if he has been along and snuffed it? (I took over the game recently so don't know the history)

Conditions
MinDate = 1807/01/01
Probability = 50

Thanks for all your help.

Code: Select all

Conditions

Start of control parameters to determine if the event has fired successfully. To successfully fire, all conditions must be met.

MinDate = 1807/01/01

Turn being executed starts on this date or later.

This event has successfully fired at least once at this time.

This event has not successfully fired at this time.

This Option has not yet been selected by the player at this time.

Probability = 50

Random 50% chance of success. If this check is unsuccessful, the event will fire again in the next turn, or until the MaxDate parameter has been reached, if present in the event's Conditions section, otherwise infinitely.

You're welcome ;)

sorta
Captain

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Wow! Thank you

So basically I have to pick the option every turn and hope with a 50% chance of success.

Still don't know where the missing Sultan is but that;s fine - I'll report back in a while to see if it worked. :dada:

Thanks again

Captain_Orso

Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:17 am

No, you pick the option once, which turns the event on. The event will then fire until it is successful. So with the 50% condition, it will take between 1 and x turns for it to actually successfully fire.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”