gazfun
Corporal

Engagement Points

Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 am

There is nothing really clear on how EP are made, yet there is a great reliance on using them. I have not played AGEOD games much in the past, but I would think that something this basic should have a mention in the game play rules...?
Can someone give me a clear method on how is this done?
Someone?

Durk

Re: Engagement Points

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 am

Indeed, the manual is very light in explaining EP. I am not certain I can give you a clear method, but this is my understanding. EP are basically 'Political Capital' which come from three sources:
Success in battle
Taking objective cities
And a turn by turn allowance
The better your success, the more EP you earn.
EP creation varies a bit from game title to game title. In WON your National Morale is a key indicator of you turn allowance. The level of victory over an opponent in battle is an additional indicator.
For me, I treat EP as gold coins. I try to bank enough to make any possible selection on the various game menus. Once I have enough in the bank, when the next round of EP reaches a total to buy a desired option, I purchase.
I always hold this reserve so if changing fortunes make any option essential, I can buy it

gazfun
Corporal

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 am

gazfun wrote:There is nothing really clear on how EP are made, yet there is a great reliance on using them. I have not played AGEOD games much in the past, but I would think that something this basic should have a mention in the game play rules...?
Someone?

Found out by using search

Captain_Orso

Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:25 pm

gazfun wrote:
gazfun wrote:There is nothing really clear on how EP are made, yet there is a great reliance on using them. I have not played AGEOD games much in the past, but I would think that something this basic should have a mention in the game play rules...?
Someone?

Found out by using search

It would be appreciated by your fellow forum users, if you posted links to the information you've discovered Image

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”