ctwino
Corporal

Is it me, or are your coalition allies useless?

Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:01 pm

I've played as Austria (until I got an error and had to start again) as well as Prussia. I'll admit that I haven't played more than 1.5yrs of game time. But, it usually doesn't matter because as Austria Prussia doesnt join, and as Prussia, the French roll over Wien which is always undefended.

But my main point is, that Russia never does anything except send some lone artillery west, and the UK never lands troops anywhere. Make the game very difficult to survive or enjoy as coalition. Or, is it me?

Durk

Re: Is it me, or are your coalition allies useless?

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 am

Try playing all members of the coalition. This will reduce things like Russia's entry if you are also playing Russia.

sarge11
Conscript

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:56 pm

and how would u go about doing that???

Captain_Orso

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:05 pm

By loading them and giving them their orders, the same as you load your nation and give it its orders.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Durk and Captain Orso, I thank you for this fascinating idea, which sounds like it will work.

Do you find that the AI does okay as France?

Regards,

Vaslen

Durk

Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:11 am

You know, I cannot answer this very well as when I play solitaire I play all factions - both sides. But from what I have gathered from comments from others, the best way to play one faction against AI is to play the Coalition against France as then AI just needs to manage one faction, which it can do ok.

Captain_Orso

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:30 am

If you want to play against Athena--the AI--you really need to be using the Allies Request Table liberally, found behind the <TAB> key. Look here for a description: Allies Request Table?

Beyond that, if you are simply looking for a really good game, I would suggest looking for one or more PBEM players. Nothing matches the excitement of playing against a human player who might make mistakes the AI never will, or think up unorthodox tactics and strategies. From my experience, it's a sure way to keep you on the edge of your seat ;)

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”