Nappy
Corporal

Online game?

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm playing the steam version.

As I'm playing, occasionally (it just started recently), I've been getting strange messages..They appear fast, but, it's something like "now playing NCP_whomever"...is that someone logging into some sort of online WoN game?

And if there is an online game, how do I get involved?

Durk

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:06 am

I am not exactly sure what accounts for the message. It might be that you are playing multiple turns in a row. Occasionally, this causes game glitches.

As to online game, there are a lot of players who play via pbem or dropbox. Look here http://ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?88-PBEM-and-multiplayer-matchups-(all-games)
You may find a post which meets your needs or you may wish to post.
As WON takes lots of players for a game, someone is bound to be looking for a new player.

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:32 am

I notice it every time the music plays a different song. When I turn the music off it no longer does it.

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:47 am

That's right. It is announcing the name of the music that is beginning to be played.
"Here I am sitting at a comfortable table loaded heavily with books, with one eye on my typewriter and the other on Licorice the cat, who has a great fondness for carbon paper, and I am telling you that the Emperor Napoleon was a most contemptible person. But should I happen to look out the window, down upon Seventh Avenue, and should the endless procession of trucks and carts come to a sudden halt, and should I hear the sound of heavy drums and see the little man on his white horse, in his old and much-worn green uniform, then I don't know, but I am afraid that I would leave my books and the kitten and my home and everything else to follow him wherever he cared to lead. My own grandfather did this, and Heaven knows he was not born to be a hero."
- Hendrik Willem van Loon

Nappy
Corporal

Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Accchhhh...I'm an idiot. :confused:

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”