Kev_uk
Colonel

The deal with French Spain.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Ok, so its Sept 1808 and I just took Lisbon and I get the exiled Spanish monarchy decree - I accept and put Joseph on the Throne of Spain. Two turns later, and I am getting French-Spain turn up in the diplomacy page, but Spain as a country is still Spain - there are no French-Spanish controlled regions in Spain. It still remains the white flag with the red diagonal crosses through it. Britain, even though they dominate the sea lanes, have put up no fight to defend Portugal, and I see Spain prior to this decree made peace with Britain and took Cadiz. So, my question is: Where is French-Spain on the map? Is there any more of a challenge from Britain (who actually sent over one division to Amsterdam, soundly routed)?

Anyone?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Check Madrid. That's the only region they actually get some degree of control on and even that may have been reduced.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Nope, I am getting out of supply garrison units across Spain now. Still all Spanish controlled.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Kev_uk wrote:Nope, I am getting out of supply garrison units across Spain now. Still all Spanish controlled.

It must be bugged, as Spain are not at war with the UK as they did their own peace about a year ago, Brits have landed at Corunna and are just sitting there, the Peninsular Army I soundly defeated at Portugal, so they are no more, and all the garrison units have no supply. Annoying, as I was quite far into this game. I am using the latest beta patch. Saves available.

[ATTACH]39057[/ATTACH]
Attachments
nofrenchspain.jpg

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:08 pm

A few other notable things: I accepted the exiled Spanish Monarchy events and placed Joseph on the Throne. I think a turn or two later, I had the decree of building a supply base throughout Spain. I accepted that. Now, I have options to send supplies to Spain but when I do that, it does not appear in the logs after the turn I accepted it. Each turn since there is the same decree, but still nothing in the logs after each turn. The only option I can see to continue my game is to DOW Spain. Anyone else seen this? I am stuck on what to do.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”